Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Orc

Well, this won't be an uncivil conversation in any case. I'm just putting it out there how nice it would be to have kunark as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later.

I think iks DO have a flat or percent armor bonus at low levels, and have a higher cap at 40, but that bonus isn't linear and I don't remember what we worked it out to be. I barely remember this stuff, it's been so long.

I also had a source once tell me that iks had an adjusted damage table (damage reduction) vs dragons, but that was refuted by another source - so take it as rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokum-6n0m3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually seem to remember seeing a dev post explaining that most the the iksar "ac bonus" came from the fact that there HARDCAP was raised not so much just a natural Ac bonus, meaning......
I would love it if you could cite this.
Last edited by sgallaty; 10-20-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Kobold

So much of EQ's changes came from hindsight tho.

Many were very much needed, others really dumbed down EQ...

The problem is where do you draw the line on which ones to say "it should have been done this way" or "that was a stupid change".

Its going to vary based on peoples opinions of said change. Where do you draw the line?

I for one think instanced raid zones were on of the best things to happen to the game. It changed eq from you HAVE to be available from 8pm to 1am just in case the mob spawns to we will raid X zone starting at 8pm wednesday, Y zone starting 8pm thursday, and friday we will finish up in case we didnt finish and do some older stuff starting at 8pm.Made it a lot easier to have a life outside of the game. I raided from late velious to OoW, I had little time to do anything other than school and EQ. Now that I have a family and what not it makes it a lot easier to raid (which is why i really play MMO's) since i can put down when i will be raiding on my schedule, and not randomly be called to LOG IN NAO!

Numerous people think instanced zones are what ruined the game.

Holy tangent, but I think I made my point.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Kobold

I wish I had links to give ya bro, and by no means take what im saying as the hands down fact...Im pulling from my memory banks here, tho I stand by the fact that Fozzul was able to tank any situation I was ever in with him just fine pre-velious...

I think the biggest issue that alot of Iksar warriors had was the fact they waited till 60 to go get the hate armor, this is where you guys are penalized the worst....you have to stop actively grinding xp to go farm this gear to effectively tank lvl50+ kunark dungeons, that part I do 100% agree with you on..... cause other tanks can still use crafted /cobalt post50 to continue to lvl60 where as iksars are forced to get the hate upgrades asap to contend, tho the iksar will be the better tank leveling after he acquires the gear, out tanking other warriors that have already acquired full Indo~

I was happy to not post anymore, but you have to keep making intelligent non-offensive post........lol ;o
Old 10-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokum-6n0m3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I had links to give ya bro, and by no means take what im saying as the hands down fact...Im pulling from my memory banks here, tho I stand by the fact that Fozzul was able to tank any situation I was ever in with him just fine pre-velious...

I think the biggest issue that alot of Iksar warriors had was the fact they waited till 60 to go get the hate armor, this is where you guys are penalized the worst....you have to stop actively grinding xp to go farm this gear to effectively tank lvl50+ kunark dungeons, that part I do 100% agree with you on..... cause other tanks can still use crafted /cobalt post50 to continue to lvl60 where as iksars are forced to get the hate upgrades asap to contend, tho the iksar will be the better tank leveling after he acquires the gear, out tanking other warriors that have already acquired full Indo~

I was happy to not post anymore, but you have to keep making intelligent non-offensive post........lol ;o
For MT tho wouldn't you agree it's always going to be ogre for frontal stun until AA's?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Kobold

That's what everyone always says, and yes it is nice, but I had a RL friend that played gnOme warrior pre-kunark and was MT plenty of times and never had a problem, so its more preference then anything imho

I used my RL friend as gnOme warrior as a example cause they're probably the most lacking race when it comes to tanking as a warrior regardless of gear till velious where stats start to really hit caps
Last edited by Tokum-6n0m3; 10-20-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgallaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just putting it out there how nice it would be to have kunark as the devs would have done it had they realized ahead of time, and how they ended up doing it later.
wooopdeeshit. If this were the case then this server never would have had manastones, rubicite, guise of the deceiver, mistwalkers, bladestorms, thex daggers etc etc etc. The idea of this server is to relive the EQ timeline, not to fix the mistakes that verant made.

Should rangers be made a more valueable class right now too, since they sucked in classic + kunark but obviously verant didn't intend for them to suck?

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgallaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The kunark release had several issues. Specifically there were items which were nerfed post-launch (RFS/Moss covered junk/probably others I don't recall) about 2 months or so after kunark launch. I think the expectation is that these mistakes will be adjusted up front on p99 without the need for reliving the bad part of the eq experience.
Also I think you're off about this, I'm pretty sure the plan is to have those items dropping at kunark release and then having them removed/nerfed a month or two down the line.
Last edited by yaaaflow; 10-20-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Also I think you're off about this, I'm pretty sure the plan is to have those items dropping at kunark release and then having them removed/nerfed a month or two down the line
You are right, the dev's have been pretty clear. I wish people would understand that this server is supposed to Mirror 1999 and onwards. There will be no custom content or tweaks to make your life easier. Sure not everything can be EXACTLY like 1999, but this is due to the titanium client and is out of the dev's hands.

Read the P1999 FAQ in the Library.

here is are some of the highlights

Quote:
OMG! The last patch did something that wasn't classic!!! What should I do?
If you can prove that the change did not happen at any point between Original - Velious, please go post in the bug subforum with your evidence, otherwise read this post and follow the instructions. Remember that this is a free server and the devs are trying to follow the original patch history, but some things will be patched earlier than live, and some will be patched later than live.

Where can I look up the original patch history of EQ Live?
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches.html
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/
Shadows of Luclin was released in December 4th 2001, so almost everything from 1999 through 2001 is considered classic

What is the progression?
Aeolwind posted a list of the original progression on live, which the GMs will be trying to stick to. Located here. This progression with end with Velious. Luclin and other expansions will not be available on this server.

Are there any items I can only get for a limited time?
Yes, many items that were "pre-nerf" on live will be obtainable on this server for a limited time. For example, manastone and rubicite dropped until Temple of SolRo came out and now they are no longer obtainable.

Read the FAQ people.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Orc

RFS will end up not being so much of a boon, because of what verant did. They retroactively changed the item, and because the timeline here is accelerated that will mean it only gets used briefly.

Same with the moss covered - but, I don't know if 2h damage is calculated the 'old way' or 'new way' in the eqemulator. (new way being that 2h bonus is based on dps, rather than flat damage, I think)

That being said, the timeframe between kunark and velious will be (should be) a lot shorter here than it was in live, so the issue may take care of itself.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
That being said, the timeframe between kunark and velious will be (should be) a lot shorter here than it was in live, so the issue may take care of itself.
What are you basing this assumption on? Did you read the FAQ as i suggested?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you basing this assumption on? Did you read the FAQ as i suggested?
I did. I had read it before I made this post.