Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 04:56 AM
Large Rat

Question Is faction the only thing that determines factioned-NPC aggression?

I saw something in North Freeport as a Dark Elf Necromancer while trying to get a sense of how safe/dangerous the place is with regards to my current faction standings with the city, and something I saw made me curious about a game mechanic.

Among the places I investigated, I headed to the entrance of the Marr building, keeping a distance of course since everything cons red and I would assume they're more zealous towards followers of Innoruuk than the guards would be; NFP guards, likely due to slaying so many orcs, are "dubious" instead of "threatening" to me, and the interiors of NFP's buildings are generally much safer than any building I've entered in WFP or EFP, ironically enough (random Ogre aligned with Halas? Really? lol)

Anyway, this is what piqued my curiosity at the Marr temple:

Targeted Ghonic Erharn. Cleric GM. According to the Wiki, he's on Knights Of Truth, Priests Of Marr, and Steel Warriors. Cons "Dubious".

Targeted Arem Ulosia. Paladin GM. According to the Wiki, he's on the exact same factions as Ghonic Erharn; no more, no less. Cons "Threateningly".

Does race/class/deity also matter -after- the faction is calculated? I knew those variables matter in the initial faction when you first create a character, but it looks like something along with faction values matter, too.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Kobold

Same faction, same race, different class. So it would seem the NPC's class (and I would guess race too) affect your faction standing. Interesting find.
It is well known that your own race and class will affect faction.
I suppose paladins hate either your race, deity or class more than clerics.

BTW: NPC's are only on 1 faction. The faction hits you get when you kill them are unrelated.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

If I'm not mistaken deity plays a role in it as well.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

To really blow your mind, evil erudites (starting in Paineel) worshipping CT can happily walk into the NFP cleric/pally guild and buy their spells <3
Old 09-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, this is what piqued my curiosity at the Marr temple:

Targeted Ghonic Erharn. Cleric GM. According to the Wiki, he's on Knights Of Truth, Priests Of Marr, and Steel Warriors. Cons "Dubious".

Targeted Arem Ulosia. Paladin GM. According to the Wiki, he's on the exact same factions as Ghonic Erharn; no more, no less. Cons "Threateningly".
I think ghonic is on priests of Marr faction which is allied to knights/warriors. And arem is on knights faction which is allied to clerics/warriors. They aren't all on all three factions. They have a primary faction that determines what your /consider is and then they have separate allies' factions.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 09-21-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Old 09-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. Race, class, and deity have always been known to affect faction.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think ghonic is on priests of Marr faction which is allied to knights/warriors. And arem is on knights faction which is allied to clerics/warriors. They aren't all on all three factions. They have a primary faction that determines what your /consider is and then they have separate allies' factions.
This answer makes sense.

I think I was assuming the wiki ordered NPC's factions such that their primary faction is listed on top.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

There really isn't a "primary faction," NPCs are only on one faction. What they con to you is directly related to that one faction.

Faction hits you take for killing them / doing quests are unrelated.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think ghonic is on priests of Marr faction which is allied to knights/warriors. And arem is on knights faction which is allied to clerics/warriors.
The database I have (which is rather old) has them on the same faction number.
I didn't bother to look up what faction that refers to.
Closed Thread