Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:40 PM
Aviak

don't nuke - let them get each other down to about 20% by themselves. Then invis and kill both of them. Not worth the mana to try and keep yours alive for more than 1 fight.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfbat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't nuke
This. You dont need to do anything offensively while your pet is fighting, besides maybe snare. Just let them fight each other.

If your pet is losing, wait for it to get down to 10% and then fear the mob it is attacking. Then you can fear kite til both are <10% and break charm.

If your pet is winning, you have a few options. You can let it win and use it for a second fight (use fear to give your pet the advantage), break charm and switch pets, or dot/nuke it down at the end of the battle.

Most of the battles, your pet and its opponent should stay pretty even. Then you can just sit there and med while they fight. In some cases you will end a fight with the same or more mana than you started it with. But other times you WILL have bad luck with charm breaks/adds and use up a lot of mana. In total, you should be able to average a level in under 2 hours through 23-24, at which point you can transition to mammoths in Everfrost.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Aviak

What Wenuven said, plus don't try to charm white/yellow mobs. Go for blues and charm should hold through the whole fight.

Personally, I prefer to group, but that's sometimes tough on my druid... even though at level 20 we have the same exact heal as a cleric plus a whole bag of tricks, they still want the 20 cleric over the 20 druid.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my Problem is that charm breaks way to fast. Now 4 fights after each other I had to zone out because charm breaks and I was low on mana.

Sometimes I get adds cuz the aggro range from charmed Pet seems to be very wide..

What I do wrong? Dunno..here is what I do

1. Charm a Gorge Hound

2. Attack a second one with Pet and 1 2 nukes to get the 50% dmg and snare.

3. Charm Breaks, both chasing me...interrupt interrupt fizzle fizzle interrupt, me 50%
life...recharm..kill the other.

4. healing me, parking pet away from me..sitting down tryin to menditate...charm breaks,sometimes with adds...me have to zone
Always keep mob your pet is attacking rooted, so if charm breaks you only have one mob on you. Don't nuke during fight, but to finish off pet and target after you break charm.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always keep mob your pet is attacking rooted, so if charm breaks you only have one mob on you. Don't nuke during fight, but to finish off pet and target after you break charm.
Personally I wouldnt bother with root at low levels. It doesnt last very long and isnt very mana efficient.

In outdoor zones where you have a lot of room to play in, snare will serve you well enough if not much better.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Kobold

easiest way is to charm a dark blue, nuke the mob your killing 1 time, allow your pet to get low health but survive the fight...then let charm break and kill him right after then go searching for a new pet...that way you get both xp kills
Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Aviak

When do you play and what is your char name? I'm not on often, but if we're both on I'll try and show you the ropes and be there for you safety wise.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raszul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fizzle fizzle
If you are fizzling often, you may need to work on your casting skill. If it is charm giving you problems, that is a Alteration type spell. Healing is also Alteration. Your level 1 Minor Healing spell is 10 mana. Spam cast until mana is gone, med and repeat until you are proficient in Alteration casting.

I never charmed in live. I discovered it here while playing my druid. I enjoyed it so much I've leveled an enchanter strickly solo charming.
Closed Thread