Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a PHD in truthology from Patriot University.
Hey, I have one of those!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mail order PHDs don't count. A PHD in religious education is not a PHD in education.
A PHD in biology is not a PHD in education either. There are actual PHD's for educational studies. What's your point?
Old 09-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Look at me, I can link Wikipedia articles too, and that wasn't even anything of my views, that is your own view.
Maybe you will learn something as you quote these things. Did you read the article on speciation? I doubt it.

"Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations."

"Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise."

There is a reason why they have separate wiki pages and dictionary definitions. I quoted both again to make it easy for you.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Aviak

I think the overarching thread is that theists believe god to be true and work backwards from there. "God is true, so I must look for things to prove that and ignore what might conflict with my answer" is pretty much the foundation of theologians everywhere.

God doesn't need apologists. He/She/It doesn't need anyone proving that he/she/it is real. Even if the Earth is a lot younger than what a multitude of scientific fields have shown, even if Jesus did resurrect, even if a being raped a woman to then give birth to himself, even if every miracle actually happened, it still does not prove that an all powerful, supernatural being exists. It only shows that our knowledge is still limited.

Don't get me wrong, clearly no one here believes in god. But I want the thread to ding 100.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evolution is when one species changes to an entirely different species. A new, never before seen form of life from an existing form of life

99.9999999999999999999999% of mutations are harmful. This is what Evolutionists claim. if you disagree take it up with them. A mutation is sporadically changed/rewritten genetic code. They are also extremely rare. The chances that this randomly and chaotic rewriting of existing genetic code into never before seen working and ordered code is ... well let's just say the odds are laughably not in your favor.

Trillions to 1 and that's being generous. It's never been seen. Never been reproduced. They've been trying now for years with fruitflies. 600 + generations of fruitflies slaughtered to try and prove this hoax. Guess what? Still fruitflies

Do I really need to get into how if you really rely on all these mutations to prove Evolution you're only digging a deeper hole? They are chaotic and random. All forms of life on this planet wouldn't have evolved in a designed and ordered process, meaning 2 eyes on the face, a nose, a heart, lungs, ect ect ect are you getting it now? There is symmetrical design to all life on this planet. Even the building blocks of matter are far more complex than Darwin ever could have realized. Cells were blobs of goo back in his day. His BS theory dates back to the mid 1800s. It's outdated. It has become a religion.

Just look at how complex and organized a single cell is. The building blocks of all matter are powered by complex little motors with more than 30 moving parts. They all need to have sprang into existence at the same time for this motor to work in perfect harmony properly. random chance creating these complex molecular structures are basically an impossibility. Evolutionists have lost the argument. They just aren't willing to admit it yet.

If you want to build a functioning motorcycle do you throw a bunch of tin cans together in a pile and hope for the best? Or do you write detailed blueprints and schematics and carefully design it from the ground up? Ever watch Orange County Choppers? Do they just randomly and chaotically toss a bunch of shit together and call it a motorcycle?

Evolution is a lie
Three or four per cent. of the population are color blind--"red-blind" --and are not able to distinguish the color of the green leaves from that of the red ripe cherries. Can it be possible that the eye becomes more perfect, because those who had less perfect eyes perished, and only those who could recognize colors survive until color blindness is finally eliminated? Is such a doctrine scientific? Is it more reasonable to believe it than to believe that an infinitely wise and powerful God created this organ of marvelous value and beauty? Of course, the ability to recognize color is only one of the many perfections of the eye.

But if the evolutionist _could_ convince the thoughtful student that the marvelous eye could have been so formed, by blind chance or natural selection, how could he account for the advantageous location of the eye and other organs? While we can not well name a fraction small enough to express the mathematical probability of the formation of the eye, the ear, and other organs of the body, we easily can compute the fraction of the probability of their location, though very small. In the passage quoted from Darwin, he begins with the simple eye but does not say how the eye originated.

The evolutionist guesses that there was a time when eyes were unknown--that is a necessary part of the hypothesis. And since the eye is a universal possession, among living things, the evolutionist guesses that it came into being,--not by design or act of God--I will give you the guess,--a piece of pigment, or as some say, a freckle, appeared upon the skin of an animal that had no eyes. This piece of pigment or freckle converged the rays of the sun upon that spot, and when the little animal felt the heat on that spot, it turned the spot to the sun to get more heat. This increased heat irritated the skin,--so the evolutionists guess--and a nerve came there and out of the nerve came the eye. Can you beat it? But this only accounts for one eye; there must have been another piece of pigment or freckle soon afterward, and just in the right place in order to give the animal two eyes.

Now assuming, what seems an utter impossibility, that the wonderful mechanism of the eye can be accounted for by chance or natural selection (another name for chance since design is excluded), how can we account for the _location_ of the eyes, and, in fact, of all the other organs of the body? We can easily calculate the mathematical probability on the basis of natural selection. There are from 2500 to 3500 square inches of surface to the human body, a space easily 3000 times the space occupied by an eye. The eye, by the laws of probability, is just as likely to be located any where else, and has one chance out of 3000 to be located where it is. But out, of our abundant margin, we will concede the chance to be one out of 1000, and hence its mathematical probability is .001. For mathematical probability includes possibility and even improbability. The compound probability of two things happening together is ascertained by multiplying together their fractions of probability. Now the probability of the location of the second eye where it is, also is .001. And the compound probability of the location of both eyes where they are, is .001 x .001 or .000,001. In like manner, the probability of the location of each ear where it is, is .001, and of the two ears .000,001. The compound probability of the location of two eyes and two ears where they are, is .000001 x .000001 or .000,000,000,001. The two eyes and two ears have but one chance out of a trillion or a million million to be located where they are. The location of the mouth, the nose, and every organ of the body diminishes this probability a thousand fold. We are speaking mildly when we say that this calculation proves that the evolution of the body, by chance or natural selection, has not one chance in a million to be true. So ruthlessly does the pure and reliable science of mathematics shatter the theory of evolution, which so called scientists claim is as firmly established as the law of gravitation!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to miss his point. There is that pesky reading comprehension again.

He was referring to PHDs from religious institutions that teach things like creationism. A PHD in religious studies from Harvard or Yale is a completely different animal than a PHD in truthology from Patriot University.
You keep talking about reading comprehension. He literally said that a PHD in religion is not a PHD in education. Maybe you are having a hard time reading, or not understanding what everyone is saying.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Maybe you will learn something as you quote these things. Did you read the article on speciation? I doubt it.

"Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations."

"Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new biological species arise."

There is a reason why they have separate wiki pages and dictionary definitions. I quoted both again to make it easy for you.
Just because I feel you failed to read some more.

"Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins."
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A PHD in biology is not a PHD in education either. There are actual PHD's for educational studies. What's your point?
Do you know know what accredited means? If one university is accredited and another is not...what does it mean? Is the PHD still considered a PHD if it comes from a non-accredited school? Are lawyers able to practice law after getting a law degree from a non-accredited school? How about a doctor? Engineer? Astrophysicist?

Do you see the difference now?
Sarnak

Believe in evolution, but claims evolution isn't evolution. Mind BLOWN!
Old 09-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep talking about reading comprehension. He literally said that a PHD in religion is not a PHD in education. Maybe you are having a hard time reading, or not understanding what everyone is saying.
Yes, and once again you demonstrate you cant follow a conversation. Read it all again and get back to me.
Closed Thread