Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 PM
Kobold

For someone like me who came into this sever late as a new eq player, things like this are something I don't know about till it is to late. Unfortunately this is a mistake that learning from is coming at a cost that is to heavy to recover from. Tis a sad day if this sticks
Old 09-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Don't ignore me, I just HAVE to understand how they were ignoring you while answering you at the same time. I'm really good at just ignoring people but I would like to expand my abilities.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:45 PM
Kobold

I should have realized this would be picked a part so much. I wrote it in haste without much proof reading. Their ignoring my reasonable questions on this whole situation while responding with answers regarding the accounts being banned instead of my issue of gear retrieval. It's very frustrating when I keep acknowledging the fact that the accounts should be banned and that I just wanna put my gear back on my toons and then they just respond with "the accounts are still banned"
Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

But...the accounts being banned is the answer to your gear retrieval requests. Why do you think they should let people retrieve items from banned accounts?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Kobold

No its not. And getting gear back from a banned account that you caused to be banned is a no brainer, of course you shouldn't get your gear back. But getting your gear banned on accounts that you just didn't know better about is kinda messed up.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

protip : Don't give out your info
Old 09-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrugen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No its not. And getting gear back from a banned account that you caused to be banned is a no brainer, of course you shouldn't get your gear back. But getting your gear banned on accounts that you just didn't know better about is kinda messed up.
Jeez man, really? Level your own character up next time and then you don't have to worry about what the previous owner did on it.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Developer

I am not a GM so my opinion doesnt matter on this.

If you account is not banned. Consider yourself lucky. Change ur pass.

Pretend you just did a server transfer, and starting out naked. Gear up. And dont share accounts.

H
Old 09-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not a GM so my opinion doesnt matter on this.

If you account is not banned. Consider yourself lucky. Change ur pass.

Pretend you just did a server transfer, and starting out naked. Gear up. And dont share accounts.

H
Not really the situation from what I understand. Friend gave him an account to play, he spent time gearing/leveling it and it got banned due to previous RMT transactions on the account allegedly before he took it over.

Can't imagine why staff wouldn't give someone who got a "free" account from a "friend" that had RMT activity associated with it the benefit of the doubt, but maybe that's just me?
Old 09-25-2014, 02:23 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really the situation from what I understand. Friend gave him an account to play, he spent time gearing/leveling it and it got banned due to previous RMT transactions on the account allegedly before he took it over.

Can't imagine why staff wouldn't give someone who got a "free" account from a "friend" that had RMT activity associated with it the benefit of the doubt, but maybe that's just me?
Oh. Cant imagine why. C- for reading comprehension.

I know they take RMT pretty seriously. They dont restore stuff typically that ends up on a banned RMT account.

Bummer.

If I was a RMT person, would be free money if could get items i stripped restored. So i can sell them again. Thats like selling the same car over and over, report it stolen, get it back, sell it again.

Cha Ching!