Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I approve on account of classic.

I disapprove on account of EQ PvP not having any semblance of balance.
There is no reward for killing, you don't need balance. Travel in groups. Use invisibility. Type / + enter frequently. Guild wars are completely optional. If you don't like it don't participate.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumgum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no reward for killing, you don't need balance. Travel in groups. Use invisibility. Type / + enter frequently. Guild wars are completely optional. If you don't like it don't participate.
I think this highlights that it really is giving guilds the freedom to make their own event and their own fun. It would be fun to watch guilds fight in mass pvp, and it would be also fun to participate.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

i just said that class C guilds should have to be pvp using tome of discord or something.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by holsteinrx7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i just said that class C guilds should have to be pvp using tome of discord or something.
I think this is a great idea for raid guilds to blow off steam.

Guild vs guild pvp to decide who gets the spawn right now (if it is contested), and then loser gets next spawn. Something like that...I don't know the obvious details. All I know is that this would be a great addition to P99
Old 09-30-2014, 02:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This would roxors some boxorz. Never seen this go down back in the day, but knew the command was there
Old 09-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Signed.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this highlights that it really is giving guilds the freedom to make their own event and their own fun. It would be fun to watch guilds fight in mass pvp, and it would be also fun to participate.
Until at 255 fire resist a wizard lands a full Sunstrike and kills most casters in a single cast. Or until someone used throwing boulders or shurikens of eternity with our broken throwing damage calculations.

Super balanced.

PvP was never balanced in EQ. It would be even worse here since there is no PvP code that would manage Melee hits to a reasonable level and balance resists.

Guilds are free to do this as BDA showed by turning in your books. I'm really surprised how few Class C people did it since they seem to unanimously hate chest. What better time to go hunt him down than when you know he is red?

The mechanic to provide the freedom to do this already exists in game. A guild-wide forcing of this doesn't allow random noob members to sit out of an unbalanced aspect of the game they have no desire to partake in. They'd be forced to partake, or leave the guild.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until at 255 fire resist a wizard lands a full Sunstrike and kills most casters in a single cast. Or until someone used throwing boulders or shurikens of eternity with our broken throwing damage calculations.

Super balanced.

PvP was never balanced in EQ. It would be even worse here since there is no PvP code that would manage Melee hits to a reasonable level and balance resists.

Guilds are free to do this as BDA showed by turning in your books. I'm really surprised how few Class C people did it since they seem to unanimously hate chest. What better time to go hunt him down than when you know he is red?

The mechanic to provide the freedom to do this already exists in game. A guild-wide forcing of this doesn't allow random noob members to sit out of an unbalanced aspect of the game they have no desire to partake in. They'd be forced to partake, or leave the guild.
and then they kill your newbie player....but the entire guild will come to do the corpse run.

The book turn-in is not the same, in my opinion. A lot of people don't even know the quest exists and you can see that a lot of people don't know about it because of the exact situation that you described.

Im the leader of a newbie guild and it would be really fun to have pvp against another newbie guild. This isn't just for tunnelquesting lvl 60 guilds. And to ask my players to not be buffed or group with people that are blue for a week(because we turned in our books) is pretty ridiculous.

The balance is..... well it's not perfect, but I played on a pvp server on live and you get through it. Part of the fun is the imbalance - it causes you to form up a group for PvP
Old 10-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Banned

Class C should be forced to be red at all times. If you want "competition" then put your pixels where your mouth is.

/thread
Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Kobold

My guild Silens Dauthus on Mithaniel Marr did a /guildwar at one point. If I remember right, the /guildwar command also had parameters that would set the duration in days, at which time it would automatically end.

Silens Dauthus was an all rogue guild, and the guild we "warred" with was a druid/ranger guild. I think only a few small pvp battles actually happened the guildwar, as our guild was mostly centralized in the Butcherblock area at the time, and they were all in/near Misty Thicket so it was pretty much pointless. I know that I only saw one or two members of the other guild during the "war." This was either pre-Kunark or shortly after the release, definitely pre-Velious though.

Some friends of mine participated in a player ran event on another server (I think Tarew Marr) that was based on a guild war. Two guilds were created specifically for the event, with names like "Army of the East" and "Army of the West" or something similar. Players were allowed to level up to 10, and the people running the event gave players spell money and some leather/banded armor and stuff. Everyone from both guilds then went to Tox forest and the guilds went to "war."

I wasn't there for the event, but it sounded like a cool idea and my one friend made out with some pretty cool items from participating, enough so that he switched to that server permanently and eventually was able to trade his way up to some top end items like AoN and Fungi despite never making it past level 35 or so.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Closed Thread