Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Make corpsing a bannable offense?
YES 171 51.66%
NO 100 30.21%
Don't Care 60 18.13%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to see GMs randomly summon your corpse to random annoying zones/locations if you are corpsing multiple items.

Would create some great dungeon crawls if you drop them in the back of HS or top of PoSky or basement in Sebilis or undead tower of the Hole.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to see GMs randomly summon your corpse to random annoying zones/locations if you are corpsing multiple items.

Would create some great dungeon crawls if you drop them in the back of HS or top of PoSky or basement in Sebilis or undead tower of the Hole.
That's true, and it makes sense because GM's don't really have much to do, and it wouldn't create extra petitions, plus everybody who corpses am item is the scum of the earth RMTer. AND it's classic that GM's put player corpses all over the world in hard to access locations.

As an added benefit, there'd be way more MQ's available / items for sale by being rid of the pixels acquired by someone when nobody else was on or in the area to begin with.
Last edited by Korben; 11-10-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 11-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If no one shows up to take the camp from the corpse camper, then the camper should be able to camp as many items as he/she is willing to camp. It maximizes pixel availability for the server. I vote no because its not "the problem"

What I do really have a problem with is this list ignoring stuff that I keep reading about (though I haven't encountered it in person). I am strongly in favor of a policy of rigid enforcement of the camp hand-off policy mentioned before. On demand, the camper gives to the prospective camper the names and positions of everyone on the list and is placed at the end of the list.

I would be in favor of adding the following: On demand means relatively quickly. Allowing for some wiggle room in the event of the afk camper, the list must be given within a reasonable time period after the list request is made. If the prospective camper is ignored, then the prospective camper can assume that he/she is next on the list.

Obviously this requires some common sense. If I roll up to a camp and X is clearly camping it and Y and Z are sitting there clearly waiting for the camp, then silence on the part of the camper does not allow me to claim that I'm next because I'm on notice that Y and Z are probably waiting for the camp.
There is no "list" beyond one person. The camp holder holds the fate of that camp in his hands when his turn/time is over.

Gm/Guide has said it in game - Deru/Eunomia can verify that statement.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Pretty clear-cut, and these exact rules have been around in one form or another for quite some time. I really need to compile a "Project 1999: Errata and other extraneous information" post to put all this stuff. For now, this will have to do:

Camp holder has the right to pass the camp to whoever he would like. However, and this is very important, two things must happen in order for this to be a legitimate hand-off:

1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt. W

2) The person holding the camp cannot mislead you, or change his mind after telling you who is next. Something that no one ever does (and I will never understand why) is to specifically address the camp holder, asking who is next or if you can be next. The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is - if he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. This person cannot change after the camp holder has "revealed" the next person to take the camp to you. It is an automatic forfeit if this occurs. If you ask to be the next camp holder and are told yes, the camp holder may not later retract or change this agreement and attempt to hand the camp off to someone else - it's yours once he has gotten his item or moved on from the camp.

Something else important to note about handing off camps - in particular, popular ones, but this applies to any camp that becomes contested. If you are solo camping, once you attain the item you were waiting for (an AC ring, for example) you are done camping that mob. The person coming to take the camp had better be prepared at this point in order to come eliminate the very next placeholder spawn in order to "stake his claim" on the mob. You cannot work wacky corpse lines on lore items in order to grab multiple items in the same "camp session" if there are others waiting to take the camp. Please be aware that we reserve the right to apply this same ruling to any camp if we deem it necessary, including camps with multiple players.

Figured it would be useful to bring Deru's post on the issue over to this thread.

There are no lists but this doesn't change the analysis. 2nd and 3rd persons on a "list" are not recognized by CSR but whoever is "next" is recognized by CSR folks.

But Deru, in 2, pretty clearly requires the decision regarding to whom to pass a camp to be made as soon as a prospective camper asks to be next and cannot be reserved to "when his turn/time is over"
Last edited by maestrom; 11-10-2014 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: Updated to reflect Deru's edits to original.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Since OP had to be a fuckwit and make this one issue 2 threads, here's Deru's post from today in OP's other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
confirmed lists do not exist. Each person who takes over the camp gets to pick, when they take control, who is next.When I say "when they take control" I'm assuming there is someone asking about who's next right after they occupy the camp. Once they've chosen a person to be next, and made that choice known, that choice cannot be changed.

you can still theoretically create a list, based around that rule-set, but the rules for hand-offs themselves don't actually acknowledge that lists can exist.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

That seems like a pretty reasonable system.

Edit: and to bring it back on topic. Removes any need to make corpsing items a bannable offense.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Finally went back and removed any reference to the word "list" in that post.

It was causing confusion and I had meant to change it weeks ago but forgot.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Shut up ducket
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i spoke to haynar and nilbog about this, and its much harder than it sounds, largely impart to how the corpses work, and essentially cant be done without changing the entire way certain things work. im not a dev and wont try to repeat the fancy dev lingo. but if haynar or nilbog see this, im sure they will chime in.

its really too bad cause it would have been an awesome lil fix

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Large Rat

Server overcrowding. Let's keep spinning this in all directions. It seems to be the norm.
Closed Thread