Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Banned

Derubael chimed in on this subject and made very clear rules, see image below and a link to the thread where it was posted: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ghlight=tranix

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It sucks I know that you have to remain present at a merb in order to rightfully get your spot if you think that someone is going to try to pass you over - but I'm sure that not going to happen unless you're encountering a dick and contrary to popular belief there are less dicks on this server than there are fine people. So if you do encounter a dick, at least you can follow these rules to rightfully get your turn at the camp.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Orc

Actually, from my interpretation (and Deru can verify or not) but as he stated earlier, the camp holder can hand it off to whomever he likes.

If someone showed up to AC and asked if they could be on list, if the camp holder says that "bob" is next, then Bob gets the camp as long as he is present for the next ph/named spawn - regardless of you waiting there at the spawn.

Is this accurate Deru?
Old 11-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Just do what I and everyone else does and buy the MQ
Old 11-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, from my interpretation (and Deru can verify or not) but as he stated earlier, the camp holder can hand it off to whomever he likes.

If someone showed up to AC and asked if they could be on list, if the camp holder says that "bob" is next, then Bob gets the camp as long as he is present for the next ph/named spawn - regardless of you waiting there at the spawn.

Is this accurate Deru?
It does say exactly that in Deru's quoted post yea. You dont have to be there in line if your friend is camping it, but if your not there within a reasonable amount of time after the following PH spawns then the person waiting at the spawn can take it. (but I am not deru, however deru did answer that in the quoted text) http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ghlight=tranix

The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

What he is saying is, if AC spawns.. and the person who is coming to rep the dude who just kiled it is on their way.. and a PH spawns.. you can take the camp from him.. however he does state that, if you chose to do it after a couple minuets, rather than say giving the guy 3 or 4 spawns before you said, 'ok this is getting ridiculous, I am going to take the camp' then they would tend or most likely side with the person on the way to the camp. Be reasonable, in other words.

If you immediately are like, "DAVES NOT HERE MAN, MINE! ITS MINE! I OWN IT NOW!" they may end up giving it to Dave when he arives 5 or 6 minuets later and you are stuck in an inevitable, "we couldn't work it out" petition.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 11-10-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Old 11-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does say exactly that in Deru's quoted post yea. You dont have to be there in line if your friend is camping it, but if your not there within a reasonable amount of time after the following PH spawns then the person waiting at the spawn can take it. (but I am not deru, however deru did answer that in the quoted text) http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ghlight=tranix

The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

What he is saying is, if AC spawns.. and the person who is coming to rep the dude who just kiled it is on their way.. and a PH spawns.. you can take the camp from him.. however he does state that, if you chose to do it after a couple minuets, rather than say giving the guy 3 or 4 spawns before you said, 'ok this is getting ridiculous, I am going to take the camp' then they would tend or most likely side with the person on the way to the camp. Be reasonable, in other words.

If you immediately are like, "DAVES NOT HERE MAN, MINE! ITS MINE! I OWN IT NOW!" they may end up giving it to Dave when he arives 5 or 6 minuets later and you are stuck in an inevitable, "we couldn't work it out" petition.
This is 100% dead on and correct in every way.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Kobold

Fuck buying the MQ.

MQs are bullshit and need to go away, MQs are the only reason people act like fucksticks and corpse no drop items....obviously the same go's for corpseing Lore items.

No drop and Lore were put in for a reason...but the unemployed have found ways to cheat the system.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

id love to see MQs go away. brad himself said level 10 running around with epic doesnt sound right. it is not in-line with the vision of classic.

remove recharging as well

oh and if you wanna end the rmt business or seriously cripple it then make mosr raid loot no drop. trak BPs, ect. obvious solutions but not classic.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

I thought this as going to be about armor class...
Old 11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

P99 slowly overtaking Disney as the greatest place on esrth
Old 11-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally agree with handing it off to your guildmate/friend/etc.. but if you tell him to come and then you log before they arrive then, screw that, horrible ruling in my opinion. Wait for your pal to get there to replace you, or the guy sitting there should get it every time. When I hand a camp to a guildy, I even sit there with him for the next PH just to make extra sure there are no hand-off issues.

If nobody is at the camp, and the last guy logged for the night, then the camp should be forfeited, regardless of who is on the way, that's my 2cents.
Closed Thread