Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 05:43 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, either way I think we read way too much into Howland saving Ned. This is sword fighting. Mere centimeters matter. All Howland would have to do would be to knock something off ever so slightly to make a world of difference.
no. George RR Martin was asked, "in their primes, who is the best fighter from ASOIAF" and GRRM says that its a coin flip between Barristan and Arthur Dayne, and that if Arthur Dayne has Dawn he would be the better of the two. if you think sword fighting was a matter of luck, you havent been paying attention (c wat i did there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He threw a frog. Preston already explained it. Anybody got the world book yet?
my pal does, apparently its like 1000 pages, im waiting for him to finish it, then im gonna read it, and then ill decide if i want to buy it

Quote:
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:

Old 11-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no. George RR Martin was asked, "in their primes, who is the best fighter from ASOIAF" and GRRM says that its a coin flip between Barristan and Arthur Dayne, and that if Arthur Dayne has Dawn he would be the better of the two. if you think sword fighting was a matter of luck, you havent been paying attention (c wat i did there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
I said nothing of luck, ser! If you've ever done any fencing you'd know that even a slight shift in posture can make the world of difference. Literally all Howland would have done would be to tug on Ned's cape to pull him back from a kill stroke. Or interposed himself for a bout or two between Ned and Dayne. We just don't know enough to make a statement one way or the other.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Banned

What we do know is that everyone in ASOIAF are lying ass, baby swapping ass mufuckers. Trying to piece shit together via clues GRRM doled out is like trying to solve the reichstag fire.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:06 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I said nothing of luck, ser! If you've ever done any fencing you'd know that even a slight shift in posture can make the world of difference. Literally all Howland would have done would be to tug on Ned's cape to pull him back from a kill stroke. Or interposed himself for a bout or two between Ned and Dayne. We just don't know enough to make a statement one way or the other.
im sticking with "he probably threw a frog at him"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What we do know is that everyone in ASOIAF are lying ass, baby swapping ass mufuckers. Trying to piece shit together via clues GRRM doled out is like trying to solve the reichstag fire.
so true, and so frustrating. i cant even trust what i read in PoV chapters, how in the hell am i suppose to trust the word of a maester writing the world of ice and fire, when one of his sources was the court fool?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Going to use some Preston logic here.

Maggy the Frog
Howland is called a frog man

Howland warged into a female frog called Maggy and defeated Dayne.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:14 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Going to use some Preston logic here.
Maggy the Frog
Howland is called a frog man
Howland warged into a female frog called Maggy and defeated Dayne.
i just really hope we get howland reed in book 6, he could answer so many questions.

we are confirmed getting a cersei flashback in season 5 with maggy the frog this year. should be interesting

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-19-2014, 05:08 AM
Banned

Season is going to be *Preston falsetto* AWESOME!! Spoil me all your spoilers! Can't believe I haven't heard shit about this world book ... makes me think it's not worth buying.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:31 AM
Banned

Here we go! Here we go! One of the art pieces was apparently plagiarized from Skyrim and LOTR!

https://i.imgur.com/kPH2TrW.jpg
Old 11-19-2014, 05:34 AM
VIP / Contributor

if i buy a 1000 page book its not for the pictures, and if it was i wouldnt care what they were influenced by :P

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Sirken; 11-19-2014 at 05:42 AM..
Closed Thread