Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Orc

Default Given plat..

Few days ago last week I was given a large amount of plat by a random person in the NFP bank. Was on a noob character with no gear, who figures. The next day my account becomes banned. What are the possibilities?

GM's monitored the trade because it was such a large quantity, probably set off a red flag for an RMT? How is there ANYWAY to prove that this wasnt? The only words exchanged between me and the person that gave me the plat was (me) "Wow, thanks so much!" and the other guy talking about how he had to go quickly.

1) Are noobs not aloud to be given platinum? (large amounts)
2) Was this someone dumping off "illegal" scammed plat? RMT plat? How did I get the short end of the stick?
3) Only character on the account that I played was a low level monk with some hand me downs from a friend. I'd much rather not start over with a blank account - or is this my time to go red?
4) Im glad the GMs try to crack down so hard, but has this ever happened to anyone else??
Old 12-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Old 12-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

highly unlikely story op. reroll and try again.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

sam got your account banned so you can play on red
Old 12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
highly unlikely story op. reroll and try again.
I mean if you know what RMTing is and have a good idea of how things work here, which you clearly do, then you'd know the best way to resolve this would be to contact a member of the P99 staff and hash it out with them. This post just makes you look super guilty, and you probably are.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

If someone was giving you illegal plat which had some sort of traceable aspect to it why on earth do you think the person might even bother mentioning about "having to go quickly" why would they bother?

Quit making shit up and accept your ban.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, but you wasted your money.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean if you know what RMTing is and have a good idea of how things work here, which you clearly do, then you'd know the best way to resolve this would be to contact a member of the P99 staff and hash it out with them. This post just makes you look super guilty, and you probably are.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Hopefully whoever you bought it from is banned also
Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Thankfully its easy to get that genuine friend who gave you the items to probably buy them again cheaply in EC.

As everyone has pointed out it reeks of a guilty RMT plat transaction... remember you're here for classic EverQuest, not to power game in twinked items getting PL'ed to 60 as fast as possible. You won't enjoy it that way.

Save your credit card for the Steam sale deals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread