Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Was in a permafrost raid with my druid on live. There's a lone gob up on a ledge, so I pulled it thinking it would just fall down. Turns out it paths around quite a bit. Came back with a shit ton of gobs and wiped everyone. There were still loads of gobs running over my corpse before I started zoning due to death.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

EVERYTHING I DID IN THE LAST 2 HOURS. FUUUUCK
Old 12-14-2014, 01:03 AM
Kobold

A very long time ago on Live my first character I ever made was an Erudite Necromancer, level 20, which had everything I owned including a large 20 platinum...

I tried seeing how far down The Hole I could see...

I have never played an Erudite again to this day.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Works for Noble Dojorn I think, unsure about Overseer/Hand. I was told you can't disarm those guys.
Can only disarm mobs up to your max level, 60 being the max obv
Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

Not most stupid, but most recent.

Rolled a barbarian rogue, got it to level 3. Sow and invis thru W/N/E Karana, get round the maze to runnyeye.

Didn't bother hide/sneak thinking I could zerg through. Died. On corpse run died again (this time in maze).

Ended up making a Halfling rogue to hide/sneak the geared corpse to the MT zoneline then getting my barby a port from NK to MT and bind in rivervale.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:48 PM
Kobold

I followed the wrong raid in Solesk Ro once. I had all the names turned off to save graphics, but I didn't recognize any of the names that kept popping up on /assist heals. I was like, "God, there sure are a lot of new apps to the guild." No... just followed the wrong guild!

Raids w/o instances are fun! haha
Old 12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

P1999: Rooted myself while soloing in Kedge without gate up. Charm broke and I had a bad time.

Live: When I was a newbie, someone gave me a Bone Bladed Claymore (awesome weapon back in '99). I vendored it. Someone also gave me a Blackened Iron Bastard Sword (again, awesome back in '99). I vendored it, too.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Orc

Old CT. Playing my first high-level character a 50 something Ogre SK. Just puttering around the zone, looking at old school (pre-revamp CT). Decide to train out and head to Oggok to get some Ogre Swill, aggro every Lizardman in the world.

It's cool though, zone is right there.

Just gotta duck through this door and I'm home free. Lizards zerg me, Lizards everywhere, Lizards on my back hitting me for 11 and kicking me for 4. Lizards stuck in door with me.

Can't get out of doorway, too many lizards. Struggle with the D key. Can't FD cause stuck in duck mode. Takes me 20 minutes to die. Tired of ducking through doorways, never played an Ogre again.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Kobold

So, my dumbest thing I ever did would have been on live (keep in mind, at this time I was like 13).

I had started a Wood Elf Ranger named Denniker. GFay was a popular zone on Mithaniel Marr. One thing I would see often in the zone chat was "Looking for SoW, will tip!" Or "Casting SoW at PoD Lift, tips appreciated!"

So, being the dumb child I was, I thought people were asking for "Sows" because their armor took damage. So, I went and bought a Sewing Kit. I then went to what I knew was called "Newbie Lift" and shouted out in zone, "Sowing at Newbie Lift! Donations appreciated!"

Naturally people flooded to me quickly, my first customer had already come up and hailed me! I had informed him that I was new and had never "Sowed" before and he was my first customer and asked if I was supposed to give him the "Sowing" Kit or was he supposed to give me his armor?...

He began to laugh at me. He then explained to people around me what I was doing... They began to laugh at me. It was that day that I learned SoW was an acronym for Spirit of the Wolf AND how to spell Sew.

I was pretty dumb.
Auriandar - Dark Elf Enchanter
Denniker Rhal - Wood Elf Druid <Dial a Port>
Old 12-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Aha. You shoulda rolled with it.
Closed Thread