Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
set a button to cycle through closest NPCs. It's easier to EQ with keyboard most the time.
When you are the first to engage, ergo tank, you do not have the time to do that. You pretty much are the one making the decision which one to engage first. Think about if puller gets 4 mobs, you are going to cycle through 4 to pick and which one you going to take? Everyone would be dead by then. One mob maybe, but EQ is not a perfect world. It is tuff even for say a CC char to cycle through them to snare or root fast enough. But pretty much how you have to. /assist Bob lol works for the other DPSers.

But a good tip on your part for the new people how to figure out what mob to hit.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-15-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Old 12-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you are the first to engage, ergo tank, you do not have the time to do that. You pretty much are the one making the decision which one to engage first. Think about if puller gets 4 mobs, you are going to cycle through 4 to pick and which one you going to take? Everyone would be dead by then. One mob maybe, but EQ is not a perfect world. It is tuff even for say a CC char to cycle through them to snare or root fast enough. But pretty much how you have to. /assist Bob lol works for the other DPSers.

But a good tip on your part for the new people how to figure out what mob to hit.
wat

tapping a cycle key 3 times in half a second is much faster than trying to click on a pile of mobs with EQs shitty click hitbox accuracy.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wat

tapping a cycle key 3 times in half a second is much faster than trying to click on a pile of mobs with EQs shitty click hitbox accuracy.
Yes.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Or.../tar Tinytank etc etc
Old 12-17-2014, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Really? ``````` on inc takes like a second and a half tops. You can see the mobs coming so you only need to glance at the target window. Even `c`c`c`c is pretty quick if you don't have so many inc.

Besides, sometimes the puller will have the best mob pretargetted on inc for the tank to /assist.

And if you are playing Halfling you are sitting there pre-snuck waiting for the monk to Fd them so you can snag a single.
Last edited by Jimjam; 12-17-2014 at 03:44 AM..
Old 12-17-2014, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if you are playing Halfling you are sitting there pre-snuck waiting for the monk to Fd them so you can snag a single.
I sure as hell hope I am never the Healer or Enchanter in your group if you are the Tank with that statement. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

What? Monk FDs the pull away from players, as the mobs begin to path back you tag the desired one with a bow while sneak is active. only the tagged one will come.

Oh wait, I know why you don't wanna play a healer or enc in a group killing single mobs; you'll barely have to heal or CC and will get bored. Fair enough.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Kobold

Halfling warrior is awesome and come velious you will max all stats anyways.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

from min/max standpoint there is ogre>iksar/troll>everyone else for racial end game stuff that matters... disregarding any racial armor. Even then, stun immunity is overated, melee push causes most interrupts, so play against a wall and pretend you're an ogre and enjoy. Push interrupts still annoying on ogre.

And iksar/troll regen is great early on, and great in addition to regen items/buffs but alone goes mostly unnoticed later on... good buffer for necro, and nice enough on monk/sk with FD too, but otherwise... the XP benefit of Halfling probably outweighs racial advantage of any other race 10:1 for your average player who never sees 60 or needs to min/max.

But then leveling up is also overrated... there is as much to master and enjoy in the game at 20-30 as 50-60, part of what makes EQ such an amazing game to me.

Play what you want, and do what you want. Get a group of 6 Halfling warriors/rogues/clerics and set a record for /played to 60 on fresh rolls without ever taking handouts or power leveling lol *shrug*
Old 12-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What? Monk FDs the pull away from players, as the mobs begin to path back you tag the desired one with a bow while sneak is active. only the tagged one will come.

Oh wait, I know why you don't wanna play a healer or enc in a group killing single mobs; you'll barely have to heal or CC and will get bored. Fair enough.
Like I said, as the other mob runs in and kills the Enchanter. Nice. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A Tank is suppose to be beat on while the others have a chance to root or mez one, not let it hit them. Duh. Wow. That only works very often. The other mob paths back trust me as soon as the healer heals or a Shaman slows, Enchanter Mez's etc., unless it is a mile away. And with the latest patches sometimes you have to zone to get agro off anymore.

I see and know what you are saying. BUT it is VERY time consuming and risky. You are talking best case hope here pull after pull. But everyone has a different opinion on how to pull, get agro, etc. So I will concede you do what you want I will do what I have done that works for me. Unless you have a Mage in the group that can summon Arrows, you will run out of them quick, so then you have to go with "get beat on" like most groups end up doing. And that is why you have a Tank in a group to get beat on till others root, mez, park etc.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-17-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Closed Thread