Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Large Rat

Default dsetup.dll missing

Everything was working fine before I left for 2 weeks. I came back a few days ago and had a couple of Windows updates, and now can't launch the game.

I get a "dsetup.dll is missing" warning. When I first saw this I went back to the latest patch and saw that file in there so I replaced the files in the patch and everything worked fine.. the first time.

The next day I got the same error so I repeated the patch. Now I get this "eqgame.exe application error (0xc0000022)" message.

I read the sticky in the technical discussion forum about how the dsetup.dll can get flagged by the antivirus program, so I repeated my patch and disabled the antivirus then tried to start EQ. No improvement yet.

Should I try a reinstall of the EQ program? I am using the Titanium version, and up until now have had no issues at all with the installation or the patches. I was really pleased with how it was explained in the startup guide and how well it worked.

I don't really know what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 12-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Orc

Your virus scanner is flagging it. Add it to safe/exceptions list.