Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Unable to Create first character. (ERRORCODE SP-1)

Upon attempting to login and get my project 99 experience going has hit a few minor bumps. I get the prompting Your spells file is outdated. Please visit Project1999.org and get the latest files from the getting started post.

- I have followed the guidelines and unzipped P99Files36 to get up to date. I have also deleted and "reinstalled" in an attempt to fix. Please advise if there is any steps that I may have missed and or files that should be removed to make the 36 update work.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Large Rat

Ok, I got the P99Files36 unzipped to my EQ folder and working.

Now the error message changed and said I need to update my spells file.
However, If I try to download the EQChanges.zip file, it says the link is dead ---> http://www.project1999.com/files/EQChanges.zip

Where else can I download this file?

Arch
Last edited by ArchDeathKnight; 12-09-2014 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: Passed the first step, need help with second step now.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:39 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I had my toon working good for about a day, then apon zoning into W.Calibis Ii crashed then havent been able to log into any server since. also i will probable need a GM to fetch my toon corpse from where ever it goes when corpses rot.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Having the same problem. Just downloaded and got everything all setup. Downloaded the zip file from the Getting Started tab. First it was the out of date files and then it was the spell files. Tried everything 3 times. Any ideas anyone?
Old 12-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Skeleton

On the home page the files are there v36 are the files you need not sure which link your using but this one is in the updates on the main p99 page
Old 12-31-2014, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the home page the files are there v36 are the files you need not sure which link your using but this one is in the updates on the main p99 page
Exactly. If you start with a completely clean EverQuest installation (http://wiki.project1999.com/Everques...allation_Guide) and use the current files (currently http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files36.zip) everything should work.

If it doesn't I'd recommend un-installing then re-installing EQ, then try copy/pasting the patch files in to the EQ directory again. If your EQ *still* doesn't work after that post back here, but really that should do it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

About 20 times a week I get the "spells file" error (on a good week). The error message is wrong because my files are definitely up-to-date. This has been standard operating procedure for the nearly 2 years I've been on P99.

Just saying don't trust that error message and keep trying to log in.