Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Default Why I love EQ

Oh man last night was awesome stayed up till midnight with my wife camping dervs in WC. Gulg audustus lakos Alivya blitzess pwned Dervs all night was great classic noobie group. Too much fun Thank you p99!
Last edited by Blitzers; 01-04-2015 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 01-04-2015, 08:19 AM
Fire Giant

Are you trying to boost your post count or something? Every single post under New Posts at the to pis yours.

/tinfoil hat off
Anyway, yeah P99 Rocks.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by username17 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you trying to boost your post count or something? Every single post under New Posts at the to pis yours.

/tinfoil hat off
Anyway, yeah P99 Rocks.
Eh, I feel like a kid who just opened his favorite new toy on Christmas Day. Knowing luclin will never be on this server is like knowing your fiance will never need a boob job, cause they're just so perfect
Old 01-04-2015, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Mixed up Kenny Rogers and Willie Nelson. That's just unforgivable to me.

/ignore

jk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Here's how I look at EQ this time around.

When I played EQ original I felt it was a world with multiple ways to play from choosing what class/race to play to soloing, to grouping, to guild raids and even PVP if you liked. Hell if you wanted to be a crafter you could do that. If you wanted to buy low sell high merchantize you could even do that. The game for me was almost limitless, and it didn't matter how long it was gonna take all that mattered was it was fun. But, all of a sudden the winds changed. It turned into a grind fest with all the new added content and easy mode installations. I started to think I need to get this or I need to get to that level and I lost myself in selfish grind mode and it was destructive and I think many others have had that same problem. Your nothing til your max level, your nothing til your raid gear equipped, your nothing unless you maxed all your trade skills. The worst was your nothing if you didn't box. I couldn't and didn't want to hang with that crowd it tore at my core. So I quit.

This time around I'm gonna look at EQ in a different light, like monopoly. I'm gonna level some on my necro and when I'm sick of that maybe a sham my then maybe a ranger. Kinda like choosing battleship, race car, or thimble in monopoly. I Love the noobie zones especially EC. I wanna be the guy who drops 200 plat on a noobie and hope that it may keep him around to enjoy the game some when he thinks it's getting too hard and wants to quit. Anyways I just love this game so much and keeping it classic is great and I wanna fill all my character slots up playing it
Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

I might even roll a character that only wears armor that I either loot/quest myself or purchase from an NPC vendor.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds awesome. I feel the same - even though I take a long hiatus from p99 every now and then, I come back and still remember how cool this thing really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man last night was awesome stayed up till midnight with my wife camping dervs in WC. Gulg audustus lakos Alivya blitzess pwned Dervs all night was great classic noobie group. Too much fun Thank you p99!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Orc

...and then you see someone auctioning your class' epic for less than a Heiro cloak and you think to yourself: "is this the EQ I remember or not?"
Old 01-05-2015, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Christ, that Gif makes me sea sick, and I was a Sailor for 4 years in the Navy and never once got sea sick. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread