Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 09:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the tops are always the best buds, lower stuff I usually see a few popcorn nugs but the rest is scraps for hash.
A key to good yield and quality with small plant numbers (indoors and out) is controlling the canopy and plant structure. This particular room was SCROGed, which means training the plant under a screen to promote a "rose bush" structure rather than a "pine tree." Pine trees, or single cola plants, cause much of your yield to be at the base of the plant rather than at the top.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A nice, fairly even canopy despite there being a mix of different indicas and sativas with much different morphology.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know you're not cool when an 18year old kid who plays video games till 6am thinks your cool.
Clearly not understanding the intricacies of elf simulation mixed with cannabis. Someone send Brobb some DMT.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:41 PM
Sarnak

need sniperfire up in this thread.
Last edited by Handpartytowel; 01-07-2015 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: naw
Old 01-08-2015, 08:23 PM
Banned

Modus I am extremely familiar with scrog =) although I mostly stick to topping a few times I don't use any type of screen to keep them up but I do sometimes have to prop up colas in late flowering to support the bulk, 45-50 days of veg 55 days flower for my current 'Chronic' strain taken from DNA genetics took 40 some seeds to find 2 proper females worth keeping. From clone(started with 1 mother, took 2 clones turned into 2 more mothers for total of 3 to get what i need. With light movers, co2 I get a pretty well rounded grow. I am still using HPS and dirt(I prefer it over hydro even though its messy its what I know)

I started off using a DIY hydro bubble cloner made of a simple plastic container with holes in the top and some air bubble machines for fish tanks from the store, it was pretty ghetto but it worked. From there I moved onto a DIY aeroponic cloner before finally just buying a straight up 100 and 200 prebuilt aeroponic cloner which has worked great. When I first started, LEDs were new territory. The only people using them, were doing small grows, no more then 5-10 plants tops. HPS lightning takes huge amount of electricity, I have read and seen a lot of LED grows and big break through in that area the past few years. Would be awesome to swap out hps for an all LED grow but I would need to do a few harvests minimum of testing before making that leap.

Most people think im crazy cause i don't smoke, but mehhhh, I just like growing marijuana. The different strains, How each one comes out. The trichromes, the variance of flower time to harvest difference in end dried/cured bud and all that. I started out with a white widow from nirvana seeds about 8 years ago, but nirvana seeds was cheap as balls and you never REALLY knew what you were getting sometimes when I planted seeds of X indica or X sativa, one would grow straight away as a sativa when it was supposed to be indica but meh shit happens when dealing with seeds.

Since then I kept to clones, and all seed grown strains took multiple harvests before I finally settled on a certain genetic of the same strain. I was able to acquire some "original" chemdawg clones from one of the pals of a pal from NY, skeptical at first but they turned out really nice and I have since kept roughly 8 plants per grow every time along side a few other strains like jack herer(clone I picked out myself for once, from the actual plant in cali). It would be so much easier once FL goes legal on medical or what not to acquire better strains, since it brings in a lot of the existing stuff from all over current medical and legal states. I always hated seeds because without seeing where they personally came from you don't know what they can turn out to be.

tl;dr marijuana is a cool plant, lots of strains/phenos, so many cross breeding and naming you can never grow it all. Beware the catpiss wrank bud you may encounter while growing from seed though, just thinking of this tiny little plant that yielded maybe 4 grams made me want to puke the odor was so strong and just str8 catpiss
Old 01-09-2015, 02:40 AM
Kobold

Very cool. I was explaining SCROG to newbies, not you! I too like to grow more than I like to smoke - it's an awesomely rewarding hobby even if you're not a stoner. I've grown Chronic and it yielded well, good potency, and the short flower time is nice! I grow BOG indicas for that very reason, the short flower time, though they are true indicas.

Breeding may be the most fun aspect of growing... choosing the characteristics you're looking for, selecting plants, the controlled randomness of it all. It's like playing poker with DNA. Lots of skill, a lot of patience, and good luck can lead to amazing results!

I've built small aeroponic cloners with about $20 of materials - I have a cooler and a rubbermaid model, much prefer the cooler. Just a container, pvc w/ some holes, a water pump, and aero misters. I get zero droop or yellowing, roots within just a few days, no chemicals or rooting hormone needed... just distilled water and a clean/sanitized container!

For you newbies, the best time to take a clone is during the height of the light cycle, when all of the auxins have moved to the top of the plant. Also, every guide I've seen recommends cloning from the bottom of the plant...nonsense. The top shoots are healthier and more vigorous, very worth it to give your new daughter the best start possible. The rubber coasters are covering holes so that the mister doesn't spray everywhere. =)~
Old 01-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Modus I am extremely familiar with scrog =) although I mostly stick to topping a few times I don't use any type of screen to keep them up but I do sometimes have to prop up colas in late flowering to support the bulk, 45-50 days of veg 55 days flower for my current 'Chronic' strain taken from DNA genetics took 40 some seeds to find 2 proper females worth keeping. From clone(started with 1 mother, took 2 clones turned into 2 more mothers for total of 3 to get what i need. With light movers, co2 I get a pretty well rounded grow. I am still using HPS and dirt(I prefer it over hydro even though its messy its what I know)

I started off using a DIY hydro bubble cloner made of a simple plastic container with holes in the top and some air bubble machines for fish tanks from the store, it was pretty ghetto but it worked. From there I moved onto a DIY aeroponic cloner before finally just buying a straight up 100 and 200 prebuilt aeroponic cloner which has worked great. When I first started, LEDs were new territory. The only people using them, were doing small grows, no more then 5-10 plants tops. HPS lightning takes huge amount of electricity, I have read and seen a lot of LED grows and big break through in that area the past few years. Would be awesome to swap out hps for an all LED grow but I would need to do a few harvests minimum of testing before making that leap.

Most people think im crazy cause i don't smoke, but mehhhh, I just like growing marijuana. The different strains, How each one comes out. The trichromes, the variance of flower time to harvest difference in end dried/cured bud and all that. I started out with a white widow from nirvana seeds about 8 years ago, but nirvana seeds was cheap as balls and you never REALLY knew what you were getting sometimes when I planted seeds of X indica or X sativa, one would grow straight away as a sativa when it was supposed to be indica but meh shit happens when dealing with seeds.

Since then I kept to clones, and all seed grown strains took multiple harvests before I finally settled on a certain genetic of the same strain. I was able to acquire some "original" chemdawg clones from one of the pals of a pal from NY, skeptical at first but they turned out really nice and I have since kept roughly 8 plants per grow every time along side a few other strains like jack herer(clone I picked out myself for once, from the actual plant in cali). It would be so much easier once FL goes legal on medical or what not to acquire better strains, since it brings in a lot of the existing stuff from all over current medical and legal states. I always hated seeds because without seeing where they personally came from you don't know what they can turn out to be.

tl;dr marijuana is a cool plant, lots of strains/phenos, so many cross breeding and naming you can never grow it all. Beware the catpiss wrank bud you may encounter while growing from seed though, just thinking of this tiny little plant that yielded maybe 4 grams made me want to puke the odor was so strong and just str8 catpiss
grows weed illegally in his basement, uses a large amount of narcotics including Xanax and oxy and plays everquest 8 hours a day.

WHAT A LIFE
Old 01-09-2015, 02:57 AM
Kobold

As far as LEDs go... I've been out of the loop, doing my own thang for too long. No idea what the cool kids are into these days. Seems very logical to have super bright, super cool running, super efficient LEDs. Definitely the future.

Light movers are one more mechanized gadget to break/malfunction/fuck up a plant or room. I try to minimize variables. And hassles.

CO2 falls into the hassle category - are you filling up scuba sized tanks or how does that work? Have you ever done a controlled experiment (CO2 vs non CO2) with identical strains, wattage and conditions?
Old 01-09-2015, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

If only this effort was put into curing cancer. Nope it's just a huge number of people with no motivation for biology unless it gets you high.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Fucking hippies
Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
Aviak

Blame big pharma for that. At least the mary jane helps the cancer patients cope with being drowned in radiation and chemicals.
Closed Thread