Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Orc

LOL ... cancer? is that the 'new' thing?? what's that supposed to mean on a forum? get cancer, i cant type because i have it, or is it a Ranger joke assuming all rangers have it???
anyway, i wasn't asking how to do the quest, I did the quest on live but in the LDoN era, so everything was much easier.

I was just curious if it was possible to even do the quest MQ'd because once you have the right faction with Tellin (unless you're a wood elf you already have the faction).. I thought he wouldn't even speak to you till lvl 55. The two swords are required to get the epics, but if you cant even start the quest its no use (other then saving foraged items you might need for the bowl and the rose).

However thank you for the estimated prices for the raid mob quest pieces that gives me a goal to shoot for... and I have my druid friend almost paid back hahaha, just need to save up more for the raid pieces.

so hopefully there are no hard feelings. it was just a question. happy killing.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

You sound like an ebayer. So yes, cancer.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Orc

not an Ebayer lol. didnt know P99 was even thought about on ebay. oh well you can think what you want, but now i know why you said it. didn't mean to upset you guys with a question. As far as cancer no i don't have it, but i did get hurt my 3rd deployment in the Army. now i have to live life as a teacher... and that means i dont have cash to blow on ebay lol.
Last edited by Liberius; 01-08-2015 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: teaching is awesome, the pay is not..
Old 01-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not an Ebayer lol. didnt know P99 was even thought about on ebay. oh well you can think what you want, but now i know why you said it. didn't mean to upset you guys with a question. As far as cancer no i don't have it, but i did get hurt my 3rd deployment in the Army. now i have to live life as a teacher... and that means i dont have cash to blow on ebay lol.
No worries, man. Not sure why some people on here feel the need to be unpleasant individuals to each other for asking questions.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earthcaller is a terrible group weapon unless you're tanking, the mobs are rooted, or you're ok with chain casting jolt.
or when your in a group without someone with slow, or soloing something with alot of HP, and arent able to kite, or when you dont have heals at all in your group. Im not saying its the best weapon but to say its not useful/good is ridic.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't say it wasn't good. It doesn't make you more "viable" for groups. Well I guess I did say it was terrible. The unpredictability of the huge agro on the weapon makes it a very bad choice when you're playing dps role. The effect is good, especially solo, but Swiftwind is the better of the pair.
Last edited by Cecily; 01-08-2015 at 06:23 PM..
Old 01-09-2015, 12:58 AM
Orc

Don't know about the prices of said MQs, but its going to be a lot. Both VS and Inny are highly contested mobs when on FFA so the demand is there for the kills (mostly in part to the epic parts for multiple classes).

As far as levels go, you can start the quest at 52. But I have seen a mid 20s ranger killing spiders in EK with a swiftwind in hand, so MQs can be done at much lower levels with the right amount of work and lots of plat. Probably need somewhere in the range of +200k plat for just the VS stone and emerald from Inny.

As far as the usefulness of the epics, yes you can get a CoF and get close to 40% haste from epic, but you're not going to find much better weapons as far as dps/stats/resists. The proc from earthcaller is an agro magnet, but if you are smart it is manageable in group situations. Some groups are easier than others, all depending on the tank. There are the situations that it's useful if you're tanking, tie it in with flame lick and there isn't a class that will pull the agro off you. So it can be a good thing or a bad thing (in which you have to work to manage it, but you can do it)
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 AM
Orc

I will agree that from a grouping aspect the swiftwind is the better of the two. Although due to VS stones and people like Dald insisting they goto druids I ended up getting my earthcaller before swiftwind. Made for some odd times trying to figure out weapon combinations [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2015, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

I did the whole quest on my ranger at lvl47 and had the stones mq'd at 47, I'm not sure there is any req to starting the quest or talking to telin bc i didn't run in to any.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:48 AM
Kobold

Earthcaller is a fun toy for soloing and some situations.
Swiftwind is the best offhand you can dream of, even in Velious.

Earthcaller would be awesome dps in Kunark but it gets you killed or lowers your dps because of chain jolt casts. Jolt being MR based, forget it on most raid mobs.
Also Velious brings very high AC mobs, where Earthcaller becomes way too slow to be efficient.
Last edited by Fanguru; 01-09-2015 at 05:50 AM..
Closed Thread