Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by red99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"The term holocaust has been used to describe nuclear war countless times in the past 20+ years and no one has lost their minds over news reporters saying "Nuclear holocaust"

Rename your guild to Nuclear Holocaust then.

Holocaust without anything else, is "the holocaust"

"holocaust survivors" , do they say " The holocaust survivors?

Nope.

Again this thread is not about hurt feelings, it is about all or nothing.

Holocaust guild tag, and Colgate's name and RL attacks on nizzar are about as inconsistent as you can get with enforcement.

Apparently everyone is an internet tough guy now tho, but yet 100 petitions go in a day over hurt feelers being "offended" trying to get each other rule lawyered off the server
Look here junior... it isn't MY guild. Don't ever refer to it as such again. As stated, I hate Holo and hate the zerg, but I'm not going to be a pussy and try to censor their name. Split them up 10 times and make them have 9 other guild names that aren't offensive, who cares. <Holocaust> is just fine. How is it offensive? In what way? By saying the name? Is the Holocaust like lord voldemort to you? SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU PUSSY.

<Holocaust> is less offensive than <God's Work> or whatever the name was honestly. But I don't care, why would I try and censor someone based on my own insecurities? Are you even Jewish? Has anyone complaining been Jewish? I think the fact that you so single mindedly relate the word Holocaust to slaughter of the Jewish peoples, you might have issues.

tl;dr<Nuclear Holocaust> isn't offensive to you, but <Holocaust> is = You are an imbecile. I am <Flowers of Happiness> Not a zerg. I have no horse in this race other than battling your commie ideals trying to censor something that isn't offensive in any way, other than you seeming to have offensive views yourself.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but I'm educated beyond the 4th grade and reading Elie Weisel's "Night"
Goog book
Old 02-03-2015, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybagger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look here junior... it isn't MY guild. Don't ever refer to it as such again. As stated, I hate Holo and hate the zerg, but I'm not going to be a pussy and try to censor their name. Split them up 10 times and make them have 9 other guild names that aren't offensive, who cares. <Holocaust> is just fine. How is it offensive? In what way? By saying the name? Is the Holocaust like lord voldemort to you? SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU PUSSY.

<Holocaust> is less offensive than <God's Work> or whatever the name was honestly. But I don't care, why would I try and censor someone based on my own insecurities? Are you even Jewish? Has anyone complaining been Jewish? I think the fact that you so single mindedly relate the word Holocaust to slaughter of the Jewish peoples, you might have issues.

tl;dr<Nuclear Holocaust> isn't offensive to you, but <Holocaust> is = You are an imbecile. I am <Flowers of Happiness> Not a zerg. I have no horse in this race other than battling your commie ideals trying to censor something that isn't offensive in any way, other than you seeming to have offensive views yourself.
I am jewish and i find the tag holocaust offensive because it represents an event and period of time where millions of my people were incinerated, gassed, shot, and annihilated. If you cant respect that then you have a serious issue.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

and as for the whole "that name exists in real life" thing... eh... doesn't effect immersion for me. It's names like "tarbaby" and "Fagina" that are intended to be repugnant that I find obnoxious. or Ililililillillli as a name... I don't even much mind the bank names, that shit is classic.

Classic naming policy enforment was designed to make it punishable to be a dick. Meaning if oyu had an obnoxious name and people called you out on it for in game behavior as well, it got changed as part of punishment for you being an annoying turd. GM's didn't just go around nerfing names left and right... though I did get Quietriot nerfed as a name, after some douche reported it, because it's an 80's hair metal band... but it's a damn fine bard name... *Shrug*

Just pronounce Colgate "Kawl- gay-tee" if it is affecting your immersion because of you RL knowledge of something else by the same name...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Orc

Default .

bodybagger its not about less offensive or more offensive

its about offensive or not

its about RL attack or not

its about some level of consistency with rulings

Holocaust is offensive, go outside and ask someone in the real world
Colgate is a RL attack on nizzar

In a perfect online world, no one would be getting banned for "words" i agree, but when yous selectively ban or remove ooc privlages, there is a problem.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

The name colgate is a violation of the naming policy, it clearly states something that is trademarked or copyrighted as a product, brand, or game is against the rules. Colgate is a trade marked toothpaste company
Old 02-03-2015, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am jewish and i find the tag holocaust offensive because it represents an event and period of time where millions of my people were incinerated, gassed, shot, and annihilated. If you cant respect that then you have a serious issue.
Do you play EQ on Sabbath? Did you play during Hanukkah? How Jewish are you? To what extent should I respect your Judaism and your choices to take offense to a word that existed long before an dlong after THE holocaust? Is that YOUR word now? Sounds like excessive sensitivity on your part not a lack of any on mine.

If their guild was <Hitler's Army> or something to that effect, sure ban them all, change the name, whatever. It isn't though. It is a term related to warfare on a PVP server.... if anything, they should be forced to lsoe the name because it's a pretty cool PVP guild name and they don't PVP. Everyone calls them Holo anyways, change their name to <Hollow> as punishment for PVP'less zerging the server lol. But because they suck, not because you are a pussy and take offense to a stupid word. Why would you ever give power to a word like that?

FYI, amngst the top 8 Holocaust related searches on google is holocaust jokes... perhaps you should be offended by your own suggestion to google holocaust and go bitch to google. They obviously have a serious issue.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I had family that died in The Holocaust. Doesn't offend me one bit. I actually think its a pretty cool name for a pvp guild.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Didnt read, dudes prolly a retard
Old 02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'm half jewish half Italiano. I talked to my Jewish family members about the game and that there is a clan on the video game that I play called Holocaust, they were all pretty offended that a game allows a name like this.

I feel as a member of the Jewish community that if the CSR staff is serious about offensive names that they should consider holding a meeting and discuss the matters of this guild name.

The csr staff wants Red to be less toxic, well when new players come to this server and they see guild names like Holocaust or player offensive names they are already seeing a form of toxicity.

You can say we are not educated but saying that is pure ignorance, my grand parents and great grand parents went through hell and they themselves know more about what happened and educated my parents, myself and my family.

You want to clean up this server? Show the server by deleting that awful offensive name.
Closed Thread