Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Glad I found this thread. Another Charter user who has been experiencing these issues for the past few days. Will use VPN for now, but keeping an eye on any fixes.
Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiithsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was easy to set-up, just install and press the connect button. Done.
Thank you very much. My connection is definitely strong now.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Kobold

So... Log in at 7:15am today, no disconnects all morning. Almost 5 hours now.

No response to my ticket inquiry yet...

/hopeful

Krey
Old 02-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Orc

I tried the CyberGhost VPN and it was super laggy. I normally have a latency of 60ms, but with the VPN I was clocking in at 450-500ms. It was playable, but it still did not resolve my issues.

I've exhausted all possibilities and I'm doing a whipe, fresh OS install followed by a fresh EQ download and install. I am praying that works.

I am convinced that the DDoS attacks on p99's servers caused the admins to increase network security, but by doing so, they've caused problems for 10% of all users who had the game working with familiar regularity, then all of the sudden are in the same boat as all of us with the constant LD's. It's a catch 22.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Kobold

Not a single disconnect from either location all day.

/still hopeful

Krey
Old 02-04-2015, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Chances are Charter isn't going to tell you anything, unfortunately. It's not Charter's routers that are the problem. It's GTT's. It was dying after it jumped from a Charter router in Atlanta to:

ae10-69.cr1-nyc3.ip4.gtt.net

That's a Global Telecom router in NYC. The issue is with GTT's routing. It has to go through GTT's routers in NYC before it can get to the data center the server is hosted in, in New Jersey. Currently it seems there are still some issues on that router. It hasn't dropped any packets, but it has a higher latency than Rogean's server.

Glad you guys got it sorted out. Hopefully GTT will get their act together.
Rahvan
Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 02-04-2015 at 02:58 AM..
Old 02-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackSheep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chances are Charter isn't going to tell you anything, unfortunately. It's not Charter's routers that are the problem. It's GTT's. It was dying after it jumped from a Charter router in Atlanta to:

ae10-69.cr1-nyc3.ip4.gtt.net

That's a Global Telecom router in NYC. The issue is with GTT's routing. It has to go through GTT's routers in NYC before it can get to the data center the server is hosted in, in New Jersey. Currently it seems there are still some issues on that router. It hasn't dropped any packets, but it has a higher latency than Rogean's server.

Glad you guys got it sorted out. Hopefully GTT will get their act together.
I agree with your points.

Additionally though, charter's systems tell it's users what dynamic route to take to get from point A to point z. They can see a problem with another's hub point, and temp/perm remove it from the options of hubs.

That was /is my hope of what happened. OR they contacted GTT and said fix yo sheet.

KRey
Old 02-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreylyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with your points.

Additionally though, charter's systems tell it's users what dynamic route to take to get from point A to point z. They can see a problem with another's hub point, and temp/perm remove it from the options of hubs.

That was /is my hope of what happened. OR they contacted GTT and said fix yo sheet.

KRey
Chances are GTT already knew about it. All these guys have NOCs that monitor everything. There is a lot of automation now. Its probably been in a dispatch queue for a couple of days with a low priority, since it isn't completely down.
Rahvan