Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 04:10 AM
Orc

You can do the Erud's Crossing part (The Test of Patience) without being attacked at level 35. When I did it, the sharks did not swim within agro range. They were around, but not close enough to cause worry. To be sure, I invis'd while waiting for quest mobs. Just be sure to drop invis when hailing/talking to the quest mobs or they will not talk back. All I needed was 3 fish scales to do the entire Test of Patience.

Also, change camera modes while you're waiting underwater for quest mobs to spawn. Sometimes you can't see them in first-person mode, or you drift away slightly from the spot. Zooming out in 3rd person view also enables you to see if any sharks are swimming too close for comfort.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Just maxed faction. Did epic to woe and envy and got shield. Then did Bodi in Freeport 3 times. Then repeated the woe/envy turn in 22 times and maxed faction. Never went EJ or to COM.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

That's at least 44 hours of work eh.

It took me about 2 nights to gather enough turn ins in CoM (while exping) to max my faction.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Skeleton

How is that 44 hours of work? Its a 2-hour spawn, takes 10-mins to kill both NPC's and less than 15-mins to run to WK - gate back spend the next 90-mins killing giants for plat and exp. Plus got 3 belt drops selling for 1200 each.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that 44 hours of work? Its a 2-hour spawn, takes 10-mins to kill both NPC's and less than 15-mins to run to WK - gate back spend the next 90-mins killing giants for plat and exp. Plus got 3 belt drops selling for 1200 each.
If he did 22 Woe/Envy turn ins, and 2 hour respawn - that's at least 44 hours of time he waited. Obviously you can do other things in between.

I'm just talking pure speed of getting faction, CoM is going to be way faster than Woe/Envy turn ins.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Skeleton

So if you are under L-46 - what is the hurry? You are leveling and earning plat. You don't have to group.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ya bascially. i mean that is one hell of a CR if you die. some of the killer sharks conned dark blue at 46 so it is definitely risky at lvl 35 to be swimming those waters unbound. oh and i think some of the wait times on the wiki are off by a few minutes. just wait it out.
Confirm that the wait times on the wiki are slightly off. Overall, expect to spend just under a hour undertaking the Test of Patience. I did this at 40, only saw one yellow con Killer Shark, but it was far enough to have no agro.
Also, I used Invis Vs Animals- so I didn't have to drop invis to interact with the NPC's out of boredom.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if you are under L-46 - what is the hurry? You are leveling and earning plat. You don't have to group.
Who said I was in a hurry? Also I soloed in CoM, not grouped - just killed stuff around entrance/courtyard from 38-42ish and looted pages I got or other's ooc'd.

I was just outlining the more time efficient way for those who'd like to take it. If you want to do it with Woe/Envy more power to you.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread