Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeff was the one that surprised me, as far as EQN goes. The rumor mill was wrong on his future with the company. I wonder if he'll land with Brad again over at Pantheon.

As for people mentioning Smed.. don't hold your breath on him getting the axe.
Smed's future is all about stuff we don't necessarily know about. Canning the CEO in the first swoop cuts the knees out of the company's confidence and threatens the perception and trust of the company from the outside.

He has to produce at some point. I'm sure that he has been given some directives and he will have to make good on them in the time frame that was dictated. If he doesn't or can't he will be on the block sooner or later.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go at this point. I tend to think he has done, at best, a mediocre job in his leadership and direction he takes the company. I think he has settled for aiming small and missing small. His EQN leadership is less than impressive from the outside looking in.
Last edited by fastboy21; 02-15-2015 at 03:32 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't Brad and Co broke and making their next game via volunteers from the community?
Yeah, but if Brad and Jeff smell the opportunity to make Pantheon and sell it off to Daybreak I'm sure that'll seem appealing enough to give it a shot. It worked once.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't Brad and Co broke and making their next game via volunteers from the community?
It's not looking too bad at the moment (this from November)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSFuHBRdNU
Old 02-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Is the game looking like a worthy successor to eq? Should we be excited about this?

I am trusting you on this call Swish
Old 02-15-2015, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is the game looking like a worthy successor to eq? Should we be excited about this?

Too early to say, if they had a stable guy in charge I'd be more committed to say yes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This over EQ Next though for sure - keep an eye on their site.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I liked how the chat log in this video is a straight out of EQ, like, the same colors and everything. Plus if you look closely you can see that the player is casting Spirit of the Wolf on himself at 1:53 or so.

This did more to pique my interest than the lion king: underground.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Large Bat

We have been watching Pantheon with interest also, hubby has donated hes that keen. Looking forward to seeing how this one pans out.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Kobold

This gets me excited as a successor to EQ.

I loved what EQN looked like at first, but giving the EQ franchise lately I am not hopeful this pantheon looks good though! **starts frantically Googling the game**
Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

i'll plunk down 50 beans to play it...
Old 02-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:

I know its still really early and they are just trying to show their progress so far but I don't think they should be showcasing the melee/combat, and some of the NPC models in the fights, this early in the game. The combat at around 4:00 looks very clunky and the NPC models in the combat at around 7:00 look silly. Again, I know they are just showcasing the coding and progress so I hope it doesn't end up that way.

The landscapes, dungeons, light sources, shadows and view plane distance looks amazing though. I'm excited to see how far they will push the unity engine.
Closed Thread