Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm dying at the novels wrote declaring dark winter a glorious fuzzy and warm guild, after rogean declared them essentially dirtier then any other guild which is saying ALOT. Damnit I wish they would name and shame, give a guild ratio..how many dark elves banned...anything!
Hey, I'm not arguing that we didn't have people who were doing this. I have admitted that I didn't KNOW they were.

But I see the people still in the guild, and I've grouped with many of them. I've chatted with almost all of them (in case you missed it, I'm chatty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).

They are good people. I'm a good person.

Some of our members did something that I find deeply wrong. I think it's even morally wrong. I don't defend them, or that action.

But this isn't something we condone. We don't know how to recognize that. Not enough experience in P99.

You can be ignorant and still be a good person. Our guild is filled with helpful, good folks. Apparently it was also filled with others, for which we can only apologize and move on a bit more aware and hopefully learn from this mistake.

ALL of our officers and our GM are still there. They weren't banned because they were NOT in on any bad behavior. They don't support, condone, or assist with it under any circumstances.

We're certainly not perfect! But those of us who remain are great folks. It's a shame that this has happened for that reason more than any other. We don't deserve the reputation that you guys have willingly accepted for us. What we're being accused of is not something we agree with or believe in. None of our officers were hit in the ban, because we're just not like that.

The very principles the guild is founded on are against that. We made a mistake. We didn't know. We can admit that humbly. We are by no means perfect.

We remain as a guild. If we were 99% evil, vile monsters as you people are trying to paint us, he would have disbanded us without a second thought. You don't have to believe that we didn't know and do NOT agree with it. It's pretty clear that people want to hate us. I don't know why. I don't understand it.

At the end of the day, though... you don't know us. You haven't met the people in the guild. Some of our members did things we didn't agree with behind our backs. We're not okay with that. We're not bad people because bad people betrayed us, either.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:18 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stopped reading at this point. your whistles were dirty and rogean does not owe you a goddamn thing in the first place anyway.
Perhaps you can't read. Did I say he owed me anything? No.

My whistle is clean, thank you very much; I am not banned. All I had asked for, as clearly defined as a suggestion in the second-to-last sentence in case you had missed it, was a little respect in matters like this.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I'm not arguing that we didn't have people who were doing this. I have admitted that I didn't KNOW they were.

But I see the people still in the guild, and I've grouped with many of them. I've chatted with almost all of them (in case you missed it, I'm chatty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).

They are good people. I'm a good person.

Some of our members did something that I find deeply wrong. I think it's even morally wrong. I don't defend them, or that action.

But this isn't something we condone. We don't know how to recognize that. Not enough experience in P99.

You can be ignorant and still be a good person. Our guild is filled with helpful, good folks. Apparently it was also filled with others, for which we can only apologize and move on a bit more aware and hopefully learn from this mistake.

ALL of our officers and our GM are still there. They weren't banned because they were NOT in on any bad behavior. They don't support, condone, or assist with it under any circumstances.

We're certainly not perfect! But those of us who remain are great folks. It's a shame that this has happened for that reason more than any other. We don't deserve the reputation that you guys have willingly accepted for us. What we're being accused of is not something we agree with or believe in. None of our officers were hit in the ban, because we're just not like that.

The very principles the guild is founded on are against that. We made a mistake. We didn't know. We can admit that humbly. We are by no means perfect.

We remain as a guild. If we were 99% evil, vile monsters as you people are trying to paint us, he would have disbanded us without a second thought. You don't have to believe that we didn't know and do NOT agree with it. It's pretty clear that people want to hate us. I don't know why. I don't understand it.

At the end of the day, though... you don't know us. You haven't met the people in the guild. Some of our members did things we didn't agree with behind our backs. We're not okay with that. We're not bad people because bad people betrayed us, either.
Guilds get called out when they do shit. You are not the first guild to be called out and wont be the last.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Orc

I'm in DW. The officers of DW actively encourage us to sniff out RMT'ers and invite them into the guild (in fact, we pay them real money to bribe them to join, that's how hardcore RMT we are).

Actually, Dark Winter is basically anyone level 5-40 that is leveling on the server right now. I'm just a random, and was invited at random, but I can tell you that 99% of DW folk (that are active in guild chat) are just normal people that probably don't even know what the acronym RMT stands for.

Seriously, you have people in this guild asking such newb questions about EQ. Super innocent folks... it's funny that people think some great justice was served here to some big evil guild-- that's not the case at all. There just happens to be a huge number of people in the guild from rapid-fire ginvites.

DW is really just a zerg. That said, everyone active in gchat is helpful and friendly so I wanted to come to their defense. Whoever was RMT'ing were probably just rando alts of rich RMTers that wanted to have a guild tag/green text to read.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guilds get called out when they do shit. You are not the first guild to be called out and wont be the last.
Except the guild didn't do it. We didn't all gather up and say, "Let's go buy some plat with RL money!!"

Is your entire guild defined exclusively by the bad things your members do? If some of your guildies group up and go deliberately and repeatedly train, and you find out about it two weeks later... did your GUILD do that? Is that what your GUILD is, a bunch of training jerks?

Or is that the bad behavior of a few people who do NOT represent the spirit of your guild? And if an officer found out and removed them without the knowledge of your GM, would they STILL be the end-all representatives of your guild??

Is YOUR guild defined by the mistakes or even outright jerkish things your members do? Or is your guild defined by the people who are most invested in it and who do the most for it? Who gets to decide for you, who defines your guild most thoroughly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossigor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in DW. The officers of DW actively encourage us to sniff out RMT'ers and invite them into the guild (in fact, we pay them real money to bribe them to join, that's how hardcore RMT we are).

Actually, Dark Winter is basically anyone level 5-40 that is leveling on the server right now. I'm just a random, and was invited at random, but I can tell you that 99% of DW folk (that are active in guild chat) are just normal people that probably don't even know what the acronym RMT stands for.

Seriously, you have people in this guild asking such newb questions about EQ. Super innocent folks... it's funny that people think some great justice was served here to some big evil guild-- that's not the case at all. There just happens to be a huge number of people in the guild from rapid-fire ginvites.

DW is really just a zerg. That said, everyone active in gchat is helpful and friendly so I wanted to come to their defense. Whoever was RMT'ing were probably just rando alts of rich RMTers that wanted to have a guild tag/green text to read.
LOL, Yeah, I can't count how many times this evening I had to explain RMT (and I didn't know what it meant, myself... though I understood as soon as it was explained).

But some people just enjoy hating entire groups of people. It has never made sense to me, still doesn't. What are ya gonna do.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't deserve the reputation that you guys have willingly accepted for us.

It's pretty clear that people want to hate us. I don't know why. I don't understand it.

At the end of the day, though... you don't know us.
...your guild was proclaimed dirtiest whistles on a box full of hardcore dirty whistles and almost disbanded...
Old 02-16-2015, 01:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...your guild was proclaimed dirtiest whistles on a box full of hardcore dirty whistles and almost disbanded...
The dirty whistles were removed from the server.

Let's see your whistle, buddy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2015, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

glorious work mr rogean and pals

lol @ bluebies calling each other "whistles"

my work here is done
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
LOL, Yeah, I can't count how many times this evening I had to explain RMT (and I didn't know what it meant, myself... though I understood as soon as it was explained).

But some people just enjoy hating entire groups of people. It has never made sense to me, still doesn't. What are ya gonna do.
Yeah, I do think it was a little preemptive for P99 staff to single out one guild here. "Results cut short.." still if you /who all dark winter, so its not like the guild was majority RMTers or everyone would be gone.

Trace those banned alts back to their main guilds :P

Regardless I wouldnt take it too personally-- people are just happy their favorite game is being protected from RMT and are a tad overzealous.... it'll blow over and anyone with a shred of commonsense will realize that it was just a few bad apples and doesnt represent the guild as a whole.

- Hansou
Old 02-16-2015, 02:21 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'd like to again thank Rogean on behalf of DW for not disbanding us.

Even as an officer of DW, I had absolutely no idea we had RMT'ers in our guild. I assume they remained nameless among us after being invited through our mass recruiting efforts to populate the guild, only using our tag as cover to look "legit".

I don't want to say what we are actively going to do to right this situation as our officers and leader have not had any formal meetings, but I can assure everyone that something will be done to weed out whomever Rogean may have missed in addition to prevent such happenings in the future.

Lets keep things civil, ladies and gents.

Best,
Kaewin
Closed Thread