Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

This is a lot of text for a rather simple issue.

Plainly, there are no "rules" in the strict sense of the word (a means of enforcement, etc). There are gentleman's agreements that apply to most people on the server because they are self-evident and expedient rules (the ones xshayla posted). But note that there are people who will break them, and they're probably not going to be banned for it unless it becomes wildly excessive.

Beyond that, you need to operate within the frame of practical reason. Anything else will just stress you out and overcomplicate things, and probably eventually lead you into R/F/NSFW, which I don't recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Kobold

why don't you go do something else instead of staying there waiting for the group to wipe?

That's pretty lame...

and if people are still up and killing mobs... how does it trigger in your mind that it's ok to overtake the camp?

bottom line is. don't be an ass, if you see people somewhere move on to do something else.

there is a big difference between someone asking you to tell them when you are done with the camp and someone sticking there being a vulture just waiting for something to go wrong so they can overtake the camp.

if you are the later, go die. or get banned or something.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Kobold

If you have a shred of decency, you let them recover and get back to it.

If you don't, you will justify being a jerk with lots of words and waving of protruding body parts.

Any other answer is a bucket of dung.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well that went from "hypothetical" to "I saw" in no time flat now didn't it?
They are all different situations. The two examples I posted which are hypothetical are about partial wipes, or quick recoveries whereas the situation I witnessed was when a person died and returned with another player beating him back to the spawn spot.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Give them a reasonable chance to rez and get setup. Act mature, be an adult.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Skeleton

I will always give people the same courtesy and respect that I want returned to me, at the end of the day this is not a pvp server and everyone is a fellow human being. I just hope that people use common sense and courtesy in their dealings with other players but the few bad apples out there make it so you at least have to be knowledgeable as to what the GM's will and will not enforce in terms of handing a camp over. I would never try to steal another person's camp on a wipe, but there are obviously other players that will do it.
Last edited by Grod; 11-22-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Kobold

Do you really need to check on the letter of the "law" on camps? You don't know how to be an adult and share things?

Sure there are a few highly contested camps, and the people that have them claimed will go nigh insane if you try to move in on them, but for the most part, live and let die. If a camp is taken move on to the next spot, You might find that the "best way to grind" isn't a definitive work and there are other options where you can have fun.

Remember this isn't WoW, where the game doesn't start until you are max level. The fun is right now, max level is actually kind of sparse for things to do.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Skeleton

I have never and will never cite "rules" to try to gain a camp from someone but other people do, and from what I've seen, quite frequently on this server. People need to learn to be respectful of other players and not try to abuse rules to gain an advantage.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

R E S P E C T
find out what it means to me
Old 11-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Act mature, be an adult.
no