Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

My last post is/was aimed at a different era than 1.12, but I'll continue it anyways for entertainment.

Druid: In my opinion, druids were hands down the weakest class in this era. Balance had some good individual talents, but was a complementary tree, I don't think I ever saw a full on balance druid outside of the occasional guy showing up to the raid with hurricane as a joke. Feral could become semi-viable DPS, but it required an extremely dedicated player to gear up. You had to grind out marshal stuff, all sorts of reputations, get a bunch of weird ass strength leather pieces. We used a feral druid to offtank from time to time, but he was a hardcore mf'r who geared out perfectly and brought full consumables all day. Even then, it wasn't worth it. I will say that alliance guilds want an active feral tank for outdoor raid mobs. Horde can easily wipe a raid by MC capping the MT which cannot be dispelled. The only counter is bear tanks. Now, 9/10 druids will raid as restoration. The issue with restoration is that HoTs are very weak (low benefit from +Healing) and they don't stack. Furthermore, healing in Vanilla is a 100% or 0% deal. With that said, druid gear has to go somewhere, trash mobs need sleep, people need MotW, and Brez is kind of cool.

As far as PvP goes, druids were very lacking in CC, they lacked the ability to cure CC like a priest/paladin or prevent CC (other than self-polys) like a shaman, their damage sucked as feral, and their healing was weak easy to counter (purge). They did make the best flag carrier for WSG which was the pinnacle of competitive vanilla PvP though. The class was handsomely compensated by being overpowered in every other expansion.

Paladins: I would have said that prot was worthless in PvE before Feenix, but I guess it can be brought to mediocrity with enough dedication (tough to cap defense with non-set). You only needed 14 points in holy to heal well, so you always had a token Ret for BoKings. If there was ever a class that scaled with gear, it was the holy paladin. Illumination was a talent that gave 100% mana back on crits. Paladins could have only had that talent and they would have been the best PvE healer once geared. Unlike the other healers, paladins benefited tremendously from all caster stats (int, crit, +healing, and mana/5). Holy Light scaled better than any other heal in the game and flash of light made paladins the only healer that didn't even have to downrank. They had access to the best healing cloth, leather, mail, and plate. Blessings were so much better than totems which were better than the utility of any other class. That's not even mentioning auras or seals/judgments. They could also ignore the mechanics of many fights via divine shield. Oh you need an aoe tank? How about the paladin throws up righteous fury and kites snared mobs with heal aggro. Class was overpowered as fuck.

In terms of PvP, Lol. Very early on, Seal of the Crusader was broken and giving the atk/haste without weakening attacks which made ret very strong.

I don't know if this is the most broken spec in the game's history, but it's damn close.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1...5231050551031n

I mean fuck, all the good healing talents, holy shield, repentance, sanctuary, and reckoning in a single build. Good luck focusing the healer. Divine shield had no counter, and Freedom could have a near 100% up-time with talents. Paladins only weakness was that they were very susceptible to interrupts and curse of tongues. Not tons more to say, best healer in both PvE and PvP.

Shaman/Priest (my 2 favorite classes) to follow!

P.S. I'm quite good at priest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by pasi; 02-25-2015 at 03:50 AM..
Old 02-25-2015, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My last post is/was aimed at a different era than 1.12, but I'll continue it anyways for entertainment.

Druid: In my opinion, druids were hands down the weakest class in this era. Balance had some good individual talents, but was a complementary tree, I don't think I ever saw a full on balance druid outside of the occasional guy showing up to the raid with hurricane as a joke. Feral could become semi-viable DPS, but it required an extremely dedicated player to gear up. You had to grind out marshal stuff, all sorts of reputations, get a bunch of weird ass strength leather pieces. We used a feral druid to offtank from time to time, but he was a hardcore mf'r who geared out perfectly and brought full consumables all day. Even then, it wasn't worth it. I will say that alliance guilds want an active feral tank for outdoor raid mobs. Horde can easily wipe a raid by MC capping the MT which cannot be dispelled. The only counter is bear tanks. Now, 9/10 druids will raid as restoration. The issue with restoration is that HoTs are very weak (low benefit from +Healing) and they don't stack. Furthermore, healing in Vanilla is a 100% or 0% deal. With that said, druid gear has to go somewhere, trash mobs need sleep, people need MotW, and Brez is kind of cool.

As far as PvP goes, druids were very lacking in CC, they lacked the ability to cure CC like a priest/paladin or prevent CC (other than self-polys) like a shaman, their damage sucked as feral, and their healing was weak easy to counter (purge). They did make the best flag carrier for WSG which was the pinnacle of competitive vanilla PvP though. The class was handsomely compensated by being overpowered in every other expansion.

Paladins: I would have said that prot was worthless in PvE before Feenix, but I guess it can be brought to mediocrity with enough dedication (tough to cap defense with non-set). You only needed 14 points in holy to heal well, so you always had a token Ret for BoKings. If there was ever a class that scaled with gear, it was the holy paladin. Illumination was a talent that gave 100% mana back on crits. Paladins could have only had that talent and they would have been the best PvE healer once geared. Unlike the other healers, paladins benefited tremendously from all caster stats (int, crit, +healing, and mana/5). Holy Light scaled better than any other heal in the game and flash of light made paladins the only healer that didn't even have to downrank. They had access to the best healing cloth, leather, mail, and plate. Blessings were so much better than totems which were better than the utility of any other class. That's not even mentioning auras or seals/judgments. They could also ignore the mechanics of many fights via divine shield. Oh you need an aoe tank? How about the paladin throws up righteous fury and kites snared mobs with heal aggro. Class was overpowered as fuck.

In terms of PvP, Lol. Very early on, Seal of the Crusader was broken and giving the atk/haste without weakening attacks which made ret very strong.

I don't know if this is the most broken spec in the game's history, but it's damn close.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=1...5231050551031n

I mean fuck, all the good healing talents, holy shield, repentance, sanctuary, and reckoning in a single build. Good luck focusing the healer. Divine shield had no counter, and Freedom could have a near 100% up-time with talents. Paladins only weakness was that they were very susceptible to interrupts and curse of tongues. Not tons more to say, best healer in both PvE and PvP.

Shaman/Priest (my 2 favorite classes) to follow!

P.S. I'm quite good at priest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes me so very sad that wow has come from this awesome description of different classes and their utilities to the all/all game it is today. Old molten core took HOURS to clear the damn trash. If you don't destroy all of highmaul in 2 hours people will quit due to it taking too long. Boss mechanics were simple yet tough, when Onyxia's whelps came out it was a clusterfuck, now every single boss has 20+ joke mechanics, that are so laughably sad that half the time I don't even pay attention, I just spam my three abilities and get back pats for topping the dps charts.
Old 02-25-2015, 04:23 AM
Kobold

I enjoyed raiding balance on 1.12, outside of needing like 16% hit rating because your talents do absolutely nothing, they can be a relatively viable option. If I was selfishly using innervate and brought the proper consumables I never really found myself going OOM.

Would finish anywhere from 6th to 14th depending on if there was a pushback in the fight preventing them starfires, and once we hit BWL the mages and warlock in my group ended up pulling significantly ahead of the rogues.

A balance druid can heal the main tank on progression fights, faerie fire/insect swarm + a dedicated decurse bot on nefarian comes to mind. Healing touch is hands down the best healing spell in the game. Battle rez etc.

For PVP they are definitely flag capping kings, and the balance pvp build 30/0/21 absolutely shits on mages/hunters. But druids get absolutely countered by rogues with thistle tea, arms warriors, and any kind of priest (mana drain).

Travel form is great, permanent immunity to snares/polymorph - abolish poison for viper sting or pre abolish for blind. Gear oriented as shit though.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Roll horde and join convulsion!
Old 02-25-2015, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Playing Horde with some buddies who played blue and red 99 as well.

Look for caloric or calorie. Joining up with Convulsion to level up and raid with. Had fun with them on another private WoW vanilla server
Old 02-25-2015, 05:32 PM
Banned

This looks crazy exciting. I might check it out..
Old 02-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

If you all go Horde, you're going to get pooped on.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you all go Horde, you're going to get pooped on.
Your mom is gonna get pooped on.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Why would you go alliance tho? gay pink moustache gnomes? night elves that somersault as they shoot arrows at you?

hell no. if i ever play, it'll be something hordish. when is the server opening?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Looks very promising and I am excited to try it out.

Here is some info on what they say will separate them from all the other vanilla private servers you have played on:

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1019

With the chance for players to get Talisman of Binding Shard:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=17782/ta...-binding-shard

Also here is their planned timeline of releases and what will be available at launch:
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4
Closed Thread