Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

For mages you can figure out the exact level of a fire pet by the damage shield. Sadly for all other pets it's kind of a guessing game.

Anyone have a Mage that's currently using the level 29 pet spells that could chime in as to what level fire pets they are summoning? Just curious. With and without focus item comparisons would be helpful.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Aviak

Yes, using the DS damage mobs take from the fire pets is the best way to judge their level. Currently, I'm using the lvl 29 fire pet and out of two stacks of malachite I have summoned a lvl 28 fire pet ONCE which then got two adds and prompted got swallowed. Within the same timeframe I summoned a lvl 27 pet three times. The rest were all lower. Not the best of odds...

Oh and that is without any focus items because I don't have time to fight for overcamped mages in Najena.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

I havent summoned a max level pet in a few days either...weird...they musta ninja nerfed the rate at which we summon max level pets???
Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Orc

As a necromancer, this isn't a new issue for me. The last dark blue pet i've seen was at level 8 or 9. Not sure how it is for other classes, but most Mages I see around my level have a dark blue pet.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Aviak

Honestly, I was thinking my summons were getting better in the past few days, which leads me to believe it's 100% luck of the draw.

My level 24 necro pet summon never went higher than level22, which is to be expected. Yes, there were days when I would summon them over and over, then there are days I would get 3 level22s in a row. Seems to be the same case as my level29 summon, though I was SHOCKED when it spit out a few green cons.

All seems like a crapshoot to me, but I'm not sure any changes need to be made.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

This thread makes me wish I was home to upload my parser results from poSky last night wherein a mage pet named "Kaber" rapes everyone's DPS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

everyone but our man Sochin ofc.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread makes me wish I was home to upload my parser results from poSky last night wherein a mage pet named "Kaber" rapes everyone's DPS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

everyone but our man Sochin ofc.

What were your rogues and other monks doing?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

note these numbers are very much Sky-specific but:

Monk high - 35 dps, avg 25
Rogue high - 41 dps, avg 24
Warrior high - 28 dps, avg 22

Kabers avg over ~4 mobs including Soul Tamers 27 dps.

When i say Sky-specific, I'm identifying yellow con-red con trash mobs with extremely rounded mitigation. Rogue dps is kind of gloomy in classic on mobs with good mitigation given our DPS (for most us discluding Otto's primary/secondary, and I'd imagine others using Bone Razor/Vexthorne) is so burst (backstab) heavy. That 41 dps high you see for rogues was from me personally where I landed 5/7 backstab attempts ranging from 75 dmg to 289dmg on a lvl 52 isle 4 Soul Carrier.
Last edited by azeth; 11-24-2010 at 12:24 PM..
Old 11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Taking a break from my Shaman, I decided to play my lil necro a bit.

Camping Cordelia Minster in NK and I'm still getting the feel of the pet again.
The part you care about: my pet dies alot, cuz I'm bad, but I've never had to summon a 4th pet to get a max lvl one (hits for 22).

I dunno.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Aviak

Summoned nothing but yellow pets yesterday.
Closed Thread