Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:41 AM
Orc

please take all TAK talk to their post or to their forums.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please take all TAK talk to their post or to their forums.
Who cares? These are the p99 boards and you are basically adversising here. It is you attitude that turns people off. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

Just remember that being more tolerant, means u are gonna end up with all the asshats run off from takp.

If you keep your p2002 threads off p99, then I will not talk about takp on your forums.

Get over yourself. I hope you find out that runnng your own server and dealing with certain ppl sometimes just SUCKS.

Good luck with your server full of takp rejects and p99 RMT banned.

H
Old 03-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

I really think you need to change the color scheme on those forums. That grey text on black background is so hideous and hurts your eyes. I'm sure it will drive people away from registering.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares? These are the p99 boards and you are basically adversising here. It is you attitude that turns people off. Sometimes its better to say nothing.

Just remember that being more tolerant, means u are gonna end up with all the asshats run off from takp.

If you keep your p2002 threads off p99, then I will not talk about takp on your forums.

Get over yourself. I hope you find out that runnng your own server and dealing with certain ppl sometimes just SUCKS.

Good luck with your server full of takp rejects and p99 RMT banned.

H
I dont really know why your getting hostile, but as he said before he would rather people not think that this is some kind of war between the two servers. Why do you have an issue with his thread here on p99? You think that server is really a threat to p99? Totally different player bases
Old 03-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnold [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really think you need to change the color scheme on those forums. That grey text on black background is so hideous and hurts your eyes. I'm sure it will drive people away from registering.
The site had a better template / color scheme for the forums. When the account creation tool was implemented the forums kind of blew up. The theme you see now with the black background is a temporary. This should be fixed with in the next couple days.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you have a working codebase.....lua is the only code that has to be updated to release expansions(the quest code)

Xpac's are just a pile of pathing/roaming/database work.......but if you have a few people working on it diligently....6 months is all it should take to put out xpacs. Luclin/PoP will take the longest for sure.....but I still think with the codebase 6months is a very real expectation.
You casually mention 'database work' like it's a trivial bullet point on the level of making roam boxes. I suppose p99 taking 4 years to push Velious was entirely because of code issues?

You barely had to touch fear/sky (if you did at all) because I spent weeks doing both zones. I parsed all NPC types in both zones which took roughly 3 hours each. Not to mention the time spent writing the custom parsers to begin with. In case you missed it, scareling procs are causing them to teleport themselves instead of the player btw. The difference between you and me is I want this fixed before launching the zone.

You can pull numbers out of your ass, or you can take the time to find out what they really are. I spent a full year gathering min/max hits, max hp, attack delays, special attacks, spells, resist values, num drops, even health regen on some for most of the raid bosses in the game. I'm adding trash mobs to this as we release content. It's extremely time consuming. Hate wasn't done not because of laziness, but because it's a revamped zone requiring much more research.

Do you have any idea what spell forsaken revenants proc? What their proc rate is? Do you care? This stuff ain't on allakhazam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iance is a bit ocd. The incompleteness of the database and how it was an act of congress to get basic flaws changed caused a loss respect between he and the staff which eventually led to a mexican standoff with Iance holding a squirt gun.
Changes were made when evidence was presented. 'I remember' is not evidence.

eqlog_Nester_52.txt 3039310 [Thu Jul 26 22:56:27 2012] You have slain a guk ghoul knight!
eqlog_Nester_52.txt 3039544 [Thu Jul 26 22:58:59 2012] The ghoul lord has been ensnared.

You can put them back in as a lord guard spawn now.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You casually mention 'database work' like it's a trivial bullet point on the level of making roam boxes. I suppose p99 taking 4 years to push Velious was entirely because of code issues?

You barely had to touch fear/sky (if you did at all) because I spent weeks doing both zones. I parsed all NPC types in both zones which took roughly 3 hours each. Not to mention the time spent writing the custom parsers to begin with. In case you missed it, scareling procs are causing them to teleport themselves instead of the player btw. The difference between you and me is I want this fixed before launching the zone.

You can pull numbers out of your ass, or you can take the time to find out what they really are. I spent a full year gathering min/max hits, max hp, attack delays, special attacks, spells, resist values, num drops, even health regen on some for most of the raid bosses in the game. I'm adding trash mobs to this as we release content. It's extremely time consuming. Hate wasn't done not because of laziness, but because it's a revamped zone requiring much more research.

Do you have any idea what spell forsaken revenants proc? What their proc rate is? Do you care? This stuff ain't on allakhazam.

Thank you for all your work on parses, they help immensely.

Tossing daggers at us when you have no idea how many people or how much time has been/being spent isn't very productive.

If you would like a database that doesn't use PEQ magelo values for 99% of mobs in the game we have one we will happily share.

You will want our Sky lua's...half of them are broken.

Epic lua's as well.....will let ya know when we finish the rest of epic lua's
Last edited by Wharhog; 03-03-2015 at 03:35 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Sarnak

p2002.com/forums - Total members 64
takproject.net - Total members 1045

lol
Old 03-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by surron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p2002.com/forums - Total members 64
takproject.net - Total members 1045

lol
They may have 1045 but for the last two weeks server pop has been around 60 pop with the majority of players three boxing. That's like what, 40 people tops?
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

And everyone is like, it's only low because people are bored they will come back with planes. Seriously? It's low because 1/3 the server was either banned or ragequit due to super sketchy rules.
Closed Thread