Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

The other day I got run out of sk while farming centaurs for black pearls so I decided to put myself on the magician list in najena to get some focus items.

Beats the hell out of Lego pad farming!!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if theres no one on the list you can request it and have a group near by killing until they leave then its your groups camp
Thats kinda the point of my original question =/ this will not work!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrouis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats kinda the point of my original question =/ this will not work!
It will if you're next.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Aviak

Default Let us shine a light of truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said,

If the camp holder is handing off the camp, you need to be there when he hands off. If you aren't, there is no hand off.

If current camp holder forfeits the camp before a hand off is made, the camp become FFA / FTE placeholder.
I was grouped with the monk who had the camp before me; he was helping my rogue level up. When he left, he said, "do you want the camp?" "Sure," I replied.

Fast forward 30 minutes. Greenleafy of Asgard (Ambrouis) and an anonymous, guild- less, necromancer named Ssas show up. They proceeded to tell me how I am in their camp etc...I had no clue what they were talking about. If they used a few social skills instead of being rude, I probably would have just gave the camp up and moved on. However, he came at me guns blazing with threats of petitioning etc.

After Greenleafy petitioned, a guide arrived and gave him the news he didn't want to hear. So, he came to the forums to create a stink over absolutely nothing.

Who is this guy demanding I leave my camp??? /mind blown
Old 03-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome to the world of OVER 9000! bored L60s. 4 years after Kunark release LGuk should be a mostly empty wasteland because everybody's moved on to better content. Here LGuk is a mostly empty wasteland because overpowered individual toons with nothing more productive to occupy their time and interest solo-camp lower level group content for hours on end. This community needs Velious.
Not exactly. You make a point about Velious late release affecting the server, but it isn't the cause of all problems.

Even if Velious had been released three years ago FBSS would still be perma-camped in lguk...just like it was on live.

Its a good item that basicly every non-planar melee toon on the server would use. It can be solo'd at pre-lvl 50 by some classes and sells for 8k-ish. It was perma-camped in classic, kunark, and will continue to be in velious. The price may drop a bit as a couple new haste items enter the game, but it will hardly become worthless.

Every woe of p99 is not the fault of the timeline, somethings are just authentic EQ problems. Lguk isn't over camped. The Frenzy and AM camps are because they are lower lvl content that drop needed items (i.e. have value even if you wouldn't use them yourself). Most of Lguk is open for exp groups, and there are a few PUG groups running there on most nights. Most of the tower nameds are not perma-camped, with the slight exception of sage sometimes and ASS/SUP. The zone, in other words, is being appropriately farmed for the era of the game we are in...and it will not change with velious release.
Last edited by fastboy21; 03-03-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not exactly. You make a point about Velious late release affecting the server, but it isn't the cause of all problems.

Even if Velious had been released three years ago FBSS would still be perma-camped in lguk...just like it was on live.

Its a good item that basicly every non-planar melee toon on the server would use. It can be solo'd at pre-lvl 50 by some classes and sells for 8k-ish.

Every woe of p99 is not the fault of the timeline, somethings are just authentic EQ problems. Lguk isn't over camped. The Frenzy and AM camps are because they are lower lvl content that drop needed items (i.e. have value even if you wouldn't use them yourself).
:shrug:
My experience on live was that when Velious content opened up it became possible for a casual scrub to get into frenzy camp without having to wait 6 or 8 hours for a spot. After items like Silver Chitin Handwraps (or whatever the hell it was) started flowing in and devaluing the FBSS frenzy was semi-routinely open for extended periods of time during low pop hours on the server.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeanin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, it really bums me out that I might never be able to get a fbss on here.
Stop. Stop right there. I'm diagnosing you with forum-itis:

Quote:
forumitis - a condition that affects new Project 1999 players who make the mistake of reading the forums before spending enough time in Norath first. The toxicity in the Project 1999 forums can cause the afflicted to believe horrible/false things about the server, unlike more experienced players who (by playing the game) have hardened their immune systems against this toxicity.
My prescription: stop reading the forum. Go play the game, and when you get to 60, or at least the 50's, then come back here and try to read without letting the negativity on these forums affect you.

I doubt you'll follow that advice, but I guarantee you will have more fun if you do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:54 AM
Sarnak

^ amen !
Old 03-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Sarnak

God this fucking thread again. No matter how many times it gets brought up some brilliant clairvoyant is there to show us all the light with some fantastic new idea that has never been thought of before.

Camps are Camp Holder + 1 for a reason. It makes the most sense for legitimate competition combined with not being a selfish asshole, it's the easiest to track, and it's the easiest to hold for accountability.

The real, real variable here is the fact that GM's are involved in player affairs here much more than they ever, ever were on the Sony servers. The "Four Years of Kunark" argument doesn't hold any water when you're aware of the downright debauchery that was going on during the first couple months of Classic and the Summer of 2010.

The worst of the worst neckbeards influenced server culture very, very, very quickly and pervasively. As with any private server. Most people are very reasonable and the camp holder + 1 rule really is the best of both worlds, but every so often you get someone who simply thinks the rules don't apply to them. And you you can't train these people without fear of retribution. "Comedy" in the truest definition of the word.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 03-04-2015 at 05:10 AM..
Old 03-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeanin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand that. I would hope some people might let a group take their place if they wanted though.

To be honest, it really bums me out that I might never be able to get a fbss on here. It's one of the items I coveted the most when I first started(release day 99) and was beyond stoked to finally get after so many weeks of camping frenzied. And while I've managed to make enough cash to get some good weapons and armor, stuff like fbss and fungi are so overpriced for the amount of them flooding the server, I'll be long past their usefulness before I ever have enough plat to buy one, thus camping being the only option.

Ohh well, maybe I'll just camp GBS or fishbone and hope to get lucky and make some quick plat = )
Yeah...the other 4k people playing here who have FBSSs and Fungis are so special. If you want to get an FBSS and you can't get one you are doing something wrong. Its true that you will most likely find it easier to save the pp and buy one than to farm it yourself. Thats how EQ goes with some items. If you really feel like its more fun to get to the item to drop yourself then bring some friends a few nights to LGUK while leveling and try to get the camp...then hope you win the roll or your friends give it to you.

Nothing is stopping you from getting one.

(and, don't get frustrated and cut a corner with RMT---they will ban you and give you a real problem to cry about [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Closed Thread