Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Hello all!

I originally played Live from 99-02/03ish(sometime after PoP came out) with a short stint back during PoR era, never raiding or anything but spent a lot of time in the group game and doing odd quests and faction work, eventually capping my main(a DE SK) out at 52. The PoK and growing world effect originally drove me away as everything became empty other than one zone. Came back in 2013 and re-rolled as a cleric and while the world was empty pre-level 80, still had fun moloing and swarming with the cleric especially as xp came so much faster than the old days that the lonely world was less tedious. I've pretty consistently played on Live since then, did a stint raiding RoF/CotF on the cleric but my work hours as a bartender(weeknight evenings mostly) pretty well precluded me from being able to consistently maintain a raid schedule. Starting boxing about a year ago or so(whenever they offered free Heroic Characters) with a bard and a wizard due to population drop offs and difficulty in finding a group. Since then I've slowly gotten more and more burned out from having to constantly box in order to get anything done and still have trouble with consistently finding a group despite having helped to found one of the bigger current guilds on CT.

That led me here! I tried P99 a couple years ago but due to an RL friend playing live ended up staying over there more often and became more invested over there. Not sure I am ready to quit entirely but I figured I'd put some time in here as there seems to be a great community and the no-boxing no-botting rules and enforcement are a big draw for me. I also always felt happiest in EQ during the Vanilla/Kunark/Velious era before fast travel and a sprawling world became a thing, and was disappointed that all my faction work on my original DE SK was for nothing when you had a big factionless hub zone. So I just wanted to say hi to everyone and if you see a lowbie SK running around Nek and EC feel free to say hello.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsalarioth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I originally played Live from 99-02/03ish(sometime after PoP came out) with a short stint back during PoR era, never raiding or anything but spent a lot of time in the group game and doing odd quests and faction work, eventually capping my main(a DE SK) out at 52. The PoK and growing world effect originally drove me away as everything became empty other than one zone. Came back in 2013 and re-rolled as a cleric and while the world was empty pre-level 80, still had fun moloing and swarming with the cleric especially as xp came so much faster than the old days that the lonely world was less tedious. I've pretty consistently played on Live since then, did a stint raiding RoF/CotF on the cleric but my work hours as a bartender(weeknight evenings mostly) pretty well precluded me from being able to consistently maintain a raid schedule. Starting boxing about a year ago or so(whenever they offered free Heroic Characters) with a bard and a wizard due to population drop offs and difficulty in finding a group. Since then I've slowly gotten more and more burned out from having to constantly box in order to get anything done and still have trouble with consistently finding a group despite having helped to found one of the bigger current guilds on CT.

That led me here! I tried P99 a couple years ago but due to an RL friend playing live ended up staying over there more often and became more invested over there. Not sure I am ready to quit entirely but I figured I'd put some time in here as there seems to be a great community and the no-boxing no-botting rules and enforcement are a big draw for me. I also always felt happiest in EQ during the Vanilla/Kunark/Velious era before fast travel and a sprawling world became a thing, and was disappointed that all my faction work on my original DE SK was for nothing when you had a big factionless hub zone. So I just wanted to say hi to everyone and if you see a lowbie SK running around Nek and EC feel free to say hello.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Welcome home