Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiktrip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a bigger problem with VS will be npcs proccing innates on misses, but it's not a huge issue either way.

Maybe I misunderstand your listings, but why would VS rank tougher than VP?
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=993

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=834
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Orc

Again...If NPC proc behavior remains the same on P99, your runes will not make very much difference, regardless of whether they absorb spell damage first.

I'm well aware of VS's information, but it still doesn't answer the question of why VS would be more difficult than VP.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...Xegony&p=84736

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

good guide, and if this stands to truth then I suppose we're just fine.

"...since the NPC lifetaps got fixed." wonder when this was.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Orc

I've mentioned twice now that procs are not working correctly on p99 as they did on live, and you respond with a strategy guide that relies on that mechanic?

Good luck, I guess.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

I think moreso you're having a one sided arguement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiktrip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a bigger problem with VS will be npcs proccing innates on misses, but it's not a huge issue either way.

Maybe I misunderstand your listings, but why would VS rank tougher than VP?
Your logic is nonsensical here. You're identifying VS may proc a 1500 pt lifetap on his MISSES, and then asking me why VS would be harder than some VP targets?

Read ^
Last edited by azeth; 12-01-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Orc

I'm not going to argue with you, I was just trying to have a discussion about the raid targets.

I agree that VS will be harder than he would be on live using the strategy you have posted...we just disagree on how much more difficult it will be. Luckily there's more than one way to kill an npc in EQ.

I don't see VS, even with these bugs, being more difficult than hoshkar or phara. I guess we'll see, though.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Luckily there's more than one way to kill an npc in EQ.
How many mages would it take to...

possible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

I would be less worried about the single target lifetap that happens once every 45 seconds and theoretically can be resisted (-200MR).

I would be more worried about the PB AoE 30 second UNRESISTABLE stun with 200 range and 400 damage that refreshes every 24 seconds.

Do the math. He can perma-stun your whole raid if you fuck up. Then he can just sit ther summoning anyone that damaged him but is out of AoE range and heal himself to full off your lifeless bodies.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would be less worried about the single target lifetap that happens once every 45 seconds and theoretically can be resisted (-200MR).
everything I've read indicates his lifetap is not resistable even over 255+, though not unreistable.

beyond that I agree with your points.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everything I've read indicates his lifetap is not resistable even over 255+, though not unreistable.

beyond that I agree with your points.
The catch is that MR is not capped on this server the way it should be. With a bard twisting 2 MR songs and a tank decked out in resist gear 400 MR is totally achievable even now. That number will get even higher in kunark.

But even still, the lifetap is not the dangerous part of the encounter. Anyone who has taken VS on before knows this.
Last edited by guineapig; 12-01-2010 at 11:48 AM..
Closed Thread