Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure more violent crimes are committed by people that eat bread then that play r99.

We should get rid of bread, obviously. From now on every hamburger has 1 slice of meat, dressing and stuff, between 2 pieces of cardboard.

Lets enjoy the implied kind of stupidity at every level of our lives.
Hey making things illegal worked with the drug problem! Right? Right? Right?!?
Old 03-31-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey making things illegal worked with the drug problem! Right? Right? Right?!?
I'll be selling bread at 1200% current price.

"its not like it grows itself man"
Old 03-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inxs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've spent the last week making RL shit up about Nirgon.

Lead by example and fuck off.

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread is for serious discussion only
I don't disagree with the sentiment of your original post, but given your past, how can any of us take anything you say seriously?

Sorry, but I view this thread as another FQ troll from one of the servers most infamous trolls.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Of course it is a troll, there is not a single person who has ever logged into R99 that takes Agatha seriously at this point.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Banned

he injects a lot of weed and stuffs, so he must be cool irl
Old 03-31-2015, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mav, i consider you a friend, i am trying to make this server a place i can come back to, if i can not play the server due to how it is run, i will try to be a GM, or try to lobby the staff to do the right thing in order to make this server playable for us all.

that said, this issue seriously needs to be addressed, and yes even soundboards, without permission need to be classified as cyber bullying.

this stuff can really get away from you really quickly, as shown with the guy wielding the mace.

This is fucking serious.
You sure didn't seem like you were coming back when you RMT'd off the server.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Emoteen sounds like a moron. Oh no cyber bullying! Such a crime! How will I ever live knowing people in an online community don't like me!?!

If you're so weak willed that words can cause you that sort of distress then you are weak and an embarrassment to all of mankind. Man up.

And no, we have a responsibility to control ourselves. We have no obligations to each other. GTFO with your communist ideals.
Rararboker, I know this is a classic server, but you don't need to be stuck in 90's mentalities. In an online forum and game all we have are our words. Taking a quick glance through some of your posting history (let alone just here) you don't seem to realize that you are a bully, or you do and take an active enjoyment in it. You throw around talk about people being pussies, weak, womanly, fat, morons and more. Would you say any of this to someones face in real life? I anticipate you will dismiss this with another insult, but I'd be okay being surprised.

I like the point you make about responsibility to control ourselves. I agree with you on that point, but also believe we need to call out when people are doing things that are not okay. Maybe you could take some of your advice.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Who was it that recorded Lite leaving a bunch of voice mails about some items? I forget
Old 03-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Whether or not the OP is being genuine or trolling is pretty irrelevant at this point, they raise a point which many other people can't help but have noticed.

This community has some serious issues, call it toxic, call it cyber bullying, or just people being plain rude. A lot of stuff that we take for granted from a vocal minority of players would be completely unacceptable in real life, or any game run for profit, "hardcore" or otherwise. Even verant didn't allow the kind of abusive language and cyber bullying I see here regularly, in game and in forums, and that was 15 years ago.

Call me a care bear (which isn't true, I've played much more hardcore games than red99.. games in which you lose everything you've done in 100+ hours of gameplay if you die, and people are trying to kill you all the time), call me an outsider (which isn't true, I play on red99 for 6+ hours, 5 days a week), call me whatever. But can you really say you want to be part of a community that accepts, and even encourages, the kind of stuff we see here everyday?

I know I don't, and I know a lot of people in game, who don't post on these forums, who think the same. It's just a shame that the vocal minority feel the need to impose their toxic attitude on everyone else, and that people looking from the outside at this community think we are all like that, or even, god forbid, that we like and encourage it.

I'm ready for the backlash in this thread, the kind that emoteen got earlier. Tell me to GTFO, call me every derogatory term you can use without getting banned, tell me I don't belong here.. but the fact is I do. I play here everyday. If you can't engage with what I'm saying like an adult then I'm pretty sure YOU don't belong here, because the vast majority of people who play here ARE adults, and that majority probably don't want to play with YOU, but just gave up saying that a long time ago.
Closed Thread