Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

/agree
Old 04-08-2015, 12:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can argue all day whether it was a bug or intended. P99 is supposed to be classic and pet canni was classic until the post aa nerf/fix.

Unfortunately, without concrete evidence of the existence of pet canni at this point in the timeline of P99 it will not be changed. I call BS on this excuse. Everyone knows that pet canni existed at this point (during Kunark and through Velious) but it seems to me that P99 does not want it implemented and is hiding behind the "show me proof" argument. Just my opinion.
There has already been multiple links posted to forum posts of the time that plainly show that pet canni was in during classic. I don't really know why the devs ignore the evidence.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:07 AM
Sarnak

You are absolutely right about that. We can argue about if long lasting glitches/bugs can be considdered "Classic". I have pointed out other things that I considder "classic" because Sony chose not to do anything about it for up to 7 years.
And yes, it seems that the devs have chosen not to listen to these things
Can only point things out. In the end its their server to do with what they want.

This will propably be the closest thing to a Classic EQ server we will ever get.
I kinda doubt that Daybreak will ever grab the idea and spent money on creating a Classic experience EQ progression server.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:42 PM
Aviak

pet canni should work in classic the reclaim was based on pets HP not the cost of mana so ei 3000 hp pet reclaim should in classic give you 20% of pet hp as mana hence the reason pet canni was best mana regen in game ever got changed over the years to 10% then to cost of pet no matter health .. and conj spez helped alot was changed last i payed in pop back to 20% then nerfed total cuz of pop 65 earth pet lol 4 cast/reclaims withearth staff and i ws FM from almost nothing but please set back to 20% pet health as it was original was nerfed first in luclin to 10% then 20 % in pop again then cost here it is only cost i believe or 10 % minus con spez which is not near anything classic mage had i was mage back then still am now..
Old 04-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Lol, mage with their infinite damage output robots complaining wizards have it better.

Lol.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Instead of complaining about what you and your class doesn't have, be thankful for what you do get. If you don't like it then reroll, make your own server, or just don't play.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can argue all day whether it was a bug or intended. P99 is supposed to be classic and pet canni was classic until the post aa nerf/fix.

Unfortunately, without concrete evidence of the existence of pet canni at this point in the timeline of P99 it will not be changed. I call BS on this excuse. Everyone knows that pet canni existed at this point (during Kunark and through Velious) but it seems to me that P99 does not want it implemented and is hiding behind the "show me proof" argument. Just my opinion.
I'll be honest , there are a lot of things about p99 that are allowed that aren't classic. UI's , Chat options like hit mode and other changes, The use of luclin skins, i could keep going.

They are just trying to make the game more balanced. I understand this pet canni made the mage class pliable. This wasn't intended for live yet i know they didn't fix it right away.

If they wanted to keep the game completely classic a lot of the items i mentioned would be disabled like the maps are at the moment. I'm not taking their side in the decision just stating they have the control to deem what is allowed and not allowed.

We have to deal with it.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Skeleton

they have best pets in the game. plus mod rods ... i think it's an even trade. druid and wiz (epic) mana regen are only a slight improvement at lvl 60. 3 mana a tick is only 30 mana per minute which is 1 extra nuke (for wizzy) every 7 minutes... (draught of fire) standard 50+ nuke and you have to have your epic..... and you want to compare that to your epic pet which quads for what 60+? mage are best straight dps in game up to lvl 55 for the most part aside from well gears rogues/monks(in my opinion) i dunno why your crying about this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pet canni should work in classic the reclaim was based on pets HP not the cost of mana so ei 3000 hp pet reclaim should in classic give you 20% of pet hp as mana hence the reason pet canni was best mana regen in game ever got changed over the years to 10% then to cost of pet no matter health .. and conj spez helped alot was changed last i payed in pop back to 20% then nerfed total cuz of pop 65 earth pet lol 4 cast/reclaims withearth staff and i ws FM from almost nothing but please set back to 20% pet health as it was original was nerfed first in luclin to 10% then 20 % in pop again then cost here it is only cost i believe or 10 % minus con spez which is not near anything classic mage had i was mage back then still am now..
If you have classic evidence of 20% of pet health I would be extremely interested in seeing that.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of complaining about what you and your class doesn't have, be thankful for what you do get. If you don't like it then reroll, make your own server, or just don't play.
Most of these are arguments for something they've provided was classic. Without people doing this stuff we wouldn't have half of the improvements made to the server on the name of "classic", good or bad. Anecdotes are useless but if they fire someone enough to do a little research to validate their claims it's worthwhile. It's a process.

Additionally, this has pvp repercussions among other things. While mages have great sustained DPS against targets they're rendered useless outside of pets when it comes to boss mods (try landing a Mage nuke against an fr or mr target). Mage pets are currently easy to cc and bolts have been broken for an extremely long time rendering what was arguably one of the most powerful classes into a shell of itself OR BETTER PUT, UNCLASSIC.

Wizards outshine because of lures etc... Also on blue, a wizard can easily sustain an aoe group, something even a 60 Mage has trouble with.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread