Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But still, I don't want it on p99 ever..!
Thankfully Lord Nilbog agrees with you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just say no!
Last edited by Madbad; 04-13-2015 at 12:50 AM..
Old 04-13-2015, 06:24 AM
Skeleton

I LOVED the vampires

Lady Astor: Sir.. If you were my husband, I would put poison in your coffee!

Winston Churchill: Nancy... If you were my wife... I would drink it.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Aviak

With the rumors of a second server I would think one would go to Luclin. Seems like there are enough wanting that. I wonder when spells stacked and when I can make other classes spells. Bazaar are for those with jobs... ot that kinda job! I look forward to not having to camp AC...or more like fight for the camp. AA sow. You had a choice to get levels or just be more awesome at 55. Yeah I likes TS but I would want more a fresh server regardless how far the expansions go.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Oh and I completely forgot focus effects being added in Luclin. And item linking. Both great additions to the game. Focus effects made gearing as a caster far more fun and interactive. Once Velious drops, capping main stats becomes a lot easier and it becomes a game of HP/Mana/Resists after that for most people. Adding in focus effects to make your primary role more effective makes the game far more fun to play as a caster. It gave life to many items that were previously terrible when they retroactively added Focii to prior expansion stuff too.

Luclin was one of the best expansions EQ had as far as additions to the game.

The thing I find funny is, the same players who decry the entire expansion in threads like these are the exact same ones who go into bug threads I make about removing item linking, or removing access to multiple chat bars (another Luclin addition), or removing percentages in UIs (another Luclin addition) and QQ about me wanting to remove everything that's fun about the game.

Either love classic for all its inherent tedious and unwieldiness (I'm making this a word if it isn't already). Or love Luclin for all those features you would complain about being removed if the client allows for it some day down the line.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

I don't really care for item linking and with the wiki it is doesn't really save much time anyway so I don't understand why it is still here. Most of the time you are interested in an item it is either for buying or selling, so you are going to look at the wiki anyway.

I say we as a community atone for this sacrilege by removing item linking and along with scroll-to-3rd-person and moveable UIs.

Restore Classic 2015!
Old 04-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Scroll to 3rd person was like... A GoD or later update.

Item linking is fixed in the client, they would have to try really hard to remove it.

UIs should be moveable just not nearly as moddable as they are. Only 1 chat box, only 1 Hotbutton bar, no percentages or XP bars outside the inventory window, etc.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Scroll was in before GoD. I quit at LDoN and remember it was added in my time.possibly PoP, but I'd have thought SoL, because I remember the first time I tried it oh was waiting at the spires in GFay and why I would wait there during PoP just doesn't make sense. Though, there is a lot that I look back on that doesn't make sense ^^
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scroll was in before GoD. I quit at LDoN and remember it was added in my time.possibly PoP, but I'd have thought SoL, because I remember the first time I tried it oh was waiting at the spires in GFay and why I would wait there during PoP just doesn't make sense. Though, there is a lot that I look back on that doesn't make sense ^^
It definitely wasnt in during PoP. That was the hardest adjustment going from Live -> EQMac server. No scroll wheel was annoying. But you got used to F9ing your way to victory.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep scrollback was before GoD, don't remember exactly which expansion but i definitely remember using that view when i was playing.

Focus items were amazing. In some cases, a crappy mage summoned ring with mana conservation was worth using over an expensive ring. In velious we'll get FT on only a couple rare items. People are gonna lose their shit over Golden Leaf Earring from Tunare.

People view Luclin as "the beginning of the end" for EQ when it's the opposite. Classic/Kunark/Velious is the strong foundation, Luclin and PoP made the game feel complete. In my opinion, instanced dungeons and raids is the cut-off point between "classic" and "modern" EQ or MMOs as a whole.

Added functionality and improvements don't ruin a game, they make it better, and that's what Luclin and PoP were. "Oh no, druids can be main healers and wizards can do acceptable dps in groups, this sucks" said no one ever.

There's a reason why a lot of people say that PoP was the golden age of everquest. It's because it was, and it was glorious.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
moon cats should all be put in a garbage bag and thrown into a river.
Explain why would a moon cat would be any worse than a jungle lizard??
Closed Thread