Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skootr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People didn't have high speed internet either! Throttle everyone to 56K speeds! Then throttle the CPU and memory to 1999 specs! Then force everyone to go buy a CRT monitor with max 640x480!

dumb
I had cable in 1999, never played EQ on a modem ever...

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 05-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Teamspeak and Ventrilo and Skype all died for a day, and Rogean did a repop. Oh lord Jesus would that be a sight to behold.
Now that's funny. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Before TS/Ventrilo me and my "regular group" would just bridge our calls and talk via regular land line.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

I enjoy running 24 gig ram w ramdisk. 2 sec zone times classic

Thanks
Old 05-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned

Default Terrible Idea

See above
Old 05-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Julae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before TS/Ventrilo me and my "regular group" would just bridge our calls and talk via regular land line.
Holy long distance batman! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2015, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Lets have a custom OS that has to be installed so that we can monitor what programs someone is using in the background, and then ban them for trying to load or install any other program.

Also people may be able to talk on the phone still so maybe we should have regional LAN parties where computers can have the P1999-OS installed, so we can monitor the usage of any type of voice chat between players. We will need people to monitor these LAN parties though because we don't want people to talk to each other, since that would be cheating. Maybe we can look into sensory deprivation tactics like they use in Gitmo so that no sound can be heard from outside of EQ. I think Sirken could then monitor these LAN centers by video and ban anyone found talking to eachother.

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 05-08-2015, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets have a custom OS that has to be installed so that we can monitor what programs someone is using in the background, and then ban them for trying to load or install any other program.

Also people may be able to talk on the phone still so maybe we should have regional LAN parties where computers can have the P1999-OS installed, so we can monitor the usage of any type of voice chat between players. We will need people to monitor these LAN parties though because we don't want people to talk to each other, since that would be cheating. Maybe we can look into sensory deprivation tactics like they use in Gitmo so that no sound can be heard from outside of EQ. I think Sirken could then monitor these LAN centers by video and ban anyone found talking to eachother.
I agree with this.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

AS AN OFFICER, I THINK IS SPEAK FOR ALL BDA IN SAYING THAT VENTRILO/TEAMSPEAK/SKYPE ARE NOT CLASSIC. BAN IT AND BRING BACK AOL INSTANT MESSENGER
Old 05-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had cable in 1999, never played EQ on a modem ever...

Regards,
Mg
I had to go from cable in Las Vegas to dial up when I moved back to OC For a few months. I was in OC when akunark dropped. I was pretty pissed for a while.
Closed Thread