Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just stop buying cigarettes, simple as that.

I never understood why anyone smokes cigarettes. The first time you smoke its awful, so why keep doing it?
stfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can achieve a "high" from cigarettes then you must be dipping them in embalming fluid.
When I started smoking I would get little "highs" but they wouldn't last long. Not like a weed high obviously, but a buzz I guess? But I'm one of those people that you all probably hate, that can pick up a cigarette and put it down and not have a thought about it. It's not till I'm pissed off or stressed that I really want one anyway.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Orc

I started to stop smoking a little over a year ago. Illinois passed a smoking ban in bars and restaurants in 2008 and I went a year sitting out in the cold freezing my nuts off before finally decided that shit was stupid.
I saw a guy in a bar I frequent hitting what looked like a cigarette, but wasn't and started asking questions. Ends up it was a nicotine vaporizer.

I've been using the vaporizer exclusively since January and I love it. Some days I can go without it, but when I'm at the bar and need a hit, it's there in my pocket and I don't have to leave the building.
The vapor is basically water, varying amounts of nicotine (I use 24mg), artificial flavors and a food additive (Polypropylene glycol). You can get vapor in pretty much any flavor that you want. I get mine from a place in Wisconsin so I know I'm not getting Chinese cast offs.

For more info, check out: e-cigarette-forum.com
Old 12-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started to stop smoking a little over a year ago. Illinois passed a smoking ban in bars and restaurants in 2008 and I went a year sitting out in the cold freezing my nuts off before finally decided that shit was stupid.
I saw a guy in a bar I frequent hitting what looked like a cigarette, but wasn't and started asking questions. Ends up it was a nicotine vaporizer.

I've been using my vaporizer exclusively since January and I love it. Some days I can go without it, but when I'm at the bar and need a hit, it's there in my pocket and I don't have to leave the building.
The vapor is basically water, varying amounts of nicotine (I use 24mg), artificial flavors and a food additive (Polypropylene glycol). You can get vapor in pretty much any flavor that you want. I get mine from a place in Wisconsin so I know I'm not getting Chinese cast offs.

For more info, check out: e-cigarette-forum.com
Old 12-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Orc

geez, can't edit posts here, huh?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Banned

start chasing the dragon brah

takes so much time and money you'll forget about tobacco by the time you get high. skag is a miracle.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stfu
lol wat? Did you enjoy your first cig?

Its interesting to think though that over 1 billion people were persuaded to repeatedly do something which they didn't enjoy and is detrimental to their health. Mainly because they wanted to look cool.

The only reason people like cigarettes is because they are addicted to them. You aren't born addicted to them, so why choose to be? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol wat? Did you enjoy your first cig?

Its interesting to think though that over 1 billion people were persuaded to repeatedly do something which they didn't enjoy and is detrimental to their health. Mainly because they wanted to look cool.

The only reason people like cigarettes is because they are addicted to them. You aren't born addicted to them, so why choose to be? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svwGRJA28lY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svwGRJA28lY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who let the Autistic kid use the computer..
grow some balls bitch. quit like a man that you wish you could be. R&F 4 lyfe homes.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck, my *****. Like other people have said, there are no magic bullets and I suspect a lot of it all boils down to motivation. I too hope to quit eventually but have no desire to do so at the moment. I could take my cigarettes out in the backyard, bury 'em and piss on 'em. An hour later, I'd be digging them up and drying them in the oven.
This wigga tellin' da troof. Word.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I started smoking I would get little "highs" but they wouldn't last long. Not like a weed high obviously, but a buzz I guess?
It's called getting light-headed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Closed Thread