Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Orc

Charging money for the game takes it into a whole new legal area though. Right now it's sort of a gray area because no one is profiting from it. As soon as money starts changing hands for the services where the IP legally belongs to Sony, it's a whole different ball game. At that point, you can bet SOE would pursue it pretty ferociously. So, no, charging boxers a premium just wouldn't work.

Now with 33% more dwarf.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Phantom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EverQuest is a social game in which two boxing drastically hurts player to player interaction.
Do you have evidence to support this hypothesis?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Aviak

Hmm..... everyone dosent want new models ...but boxing ... yeah thats classic :/
Old 02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have evidence to support this hypothesis?

Zithax, this is obviously an opinion based poll. Most people have offered the opinion that they don't want two boxing because, like what has happened on the live servers, the game will most likely turn into individual Solo-quest.

People won't be interested in grouping because everyone will have their druid on a second box to sow them, DS them, heal them. People won't even have to look around for ports. Being completely self-sufficient reduces interaction.

Let's flip the argument around, do you have any legitimate reasons that 2-boxing should be allowed on the server? Do you have any research to back up those claims? or is it just your opinion.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Kobold

Jelatin, you will not get thorough response to your questione. Zithax can only type single sentence replies. I think he may have a problem with his keyboard... :P
Old 02-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

lol zithax i think that guy just called you dumb, burn!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelatin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zithax, this is obviously an opinion based poll.
Sure it is. Yet people are offering presumptuous facts to support their opinion. Thus making their point not entirely clear.
Last edited by Zithax; 02-09-2010 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: gramrarz
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jelatin, you will not get thorough response to your questione. Zithax can only type single sentence replies. I think he may have a problem with his keyboard... :P
Thanks for preparing me.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure it is. Yet people are offering presumptuous facts to support their opinion. Thus not making their point not entirely clear.
You don't need proven, documented scientific evidence to figure out that having a buff bot or port bot would reduce player interaction. It's common sense. I can't tell if you're a troll or just legitimately dense.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Kobold

Unfortunately it seems the poll wins the argument. Boxing was in fact a classic attribute though considering I as well as many of my guildees boxed. Man, I remember pimping out with my 2 CRT's!
Closed Thread