Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxers are the money makers. Can't have them getting hassled.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

rip kungen
Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

apparently he's unbanned now / got his character back

one of his tweets:
Quote:
SORRY FOR TRAINING GM's OR STAFF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

MY MISTAKE.
also this was on his stream for a while
http://i.imgur.com/taf7r04.png way too big to use img tag imo

vod shows him training twice for about five minutes apparently as well.

I'm gonna be sad if this server ends up not actually being "wild west"-like. It's one of the few fun prospects.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxers are the money makers. Can't have them getting hassled.
If they banned the 3rd party software using boxers, EQ would not be the crap game it has become. And they would end up with more subscriptions overall.

The more boxers, the more server mergers. The more boxers. EQ is on a downward spiral. Unless they quit catering to the minority, it will never improve. Ban ban ban. And most 6 boxers are likely to be farmers. It will just make them get new accounts

The only losers will be the RMT'rs. The prices will go up.

H
Old 05-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Orc

Kungen didn't even need 3 days.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

people need to learn how to train so it doesn't look like you're training even on a live stream
Old 05-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they banned the 3rd party software using boxers, EQ would not be the crap game it has become. And they would end up with more subscriptions overall.

The more boxers, the more server mergers. The more boxers. EQ is on a downward spiral. Unless they quit catering to the minority, it will never improve. Ban ban ban. And most 6 boxers are likely to be farmers. It will just make them get new accounts

The only losers will be the RMT'rs. The prices will go up.

H
You know this is how casual players (I was one) felt about raiders back in the day. SOE pretty much focussed on catering to the powergamers (i.e. the raid crowd at the time) from Velious on regardless any naysayers. IIRC, the population peaked during PoP, when even the group content was explicitly geared at the powergamers (raiders), so they did have some success with their strat. Todays powergamer is the mass boxer, so Daybreak is basicly playing the same strat SOE did back in the day starting with Velious.

Interestingly, a casual-oriented game (hello WoW) knocked the socks off every other NA/Euro MMO before or since. I still wonder if WoW was actually fun to play before it became an instance vending system.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interestingly, a casual-oriented game (hello WoW) knocked the socks off every other NA/Euro MMO before or since. I still wonder if WoW was actually fun to play before it became an instance vending system.
People say vanilla wow wasn't bad. But people say a lot of things. Personally, I ran screaming after the first 10 days. A bunch of my friends left EQ for the beta and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Some of them still play and won't play anything else. The monkeys never flew out of my ass the way everyone said they would.

Honestly, it was a lot like going to a restaurant some friends discovered and raved about. You get there and it's so god awful you think you are being punked.

Tried again for like 2 weeks the following summer. Ran screaming again.

McDonald's sells lots of hamburgers, too, I guess.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Orc

Kungen is playing EQ?? That would be awesome if true.. time to stalk his stream again i guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by nuuki; 05-24-2015 at 09:41 PM..
Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuuki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kungen is playing EQ?? That would be awesome if true.. time to stalk his stream again i guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He played here on Red too.
Closed Thread