Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default Resists in PvP when Velious comes around

I've been told that when Velious comes it's going to be even more melee heavy because the resists just get even worse. Almost to the point that casters in PvP are just a joke and will have 9 out of 10 spells resisted. That they are going to be so nerfed / bad pretty much to the point that if you want any kind of decent PvP or a chance at some kills, you'll need to be a melee.

Just wondering how true that is?
Old 05-30-2015, 04:18 AM
Sarnak

def an exaggeration but generally true that resists will get harder to deal with
Old 05-30-2015, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

I do remember something about the resist curve being tweaked come Velious, basically to where it was before a few patches ago (i.e. you need much higher resistances). I seem to remember classic being the age of the caster, Kunark being the age of balance and Velious being the age of the melee though.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Banned

May 31, 2001 patch tash/malo and other debuffs will go from 1 to 1.5. On this server with the gear, knowledge and so on. I hope they move resist debuffs to 2.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Wizards had to use lures, druids had to use dots and huge damage shields, same with necros unresistable dots/taps.

Less bursty and longer fights is better anyway - don't tweak shit so people can be CC'd that just dumbs it down.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards had to use lures, druids had to use dots and huge damage shields, same with necros unresistable dots/taps.

Less bursty and longer fights is better anyway - don't tweak shit so people can be CC'd that just dumbs it down.
prof? naw
Old 05-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

velious zones also much larger - from iceclad to EW - kael - wandering - ww... lots of high traffic pvp spots where casters can use the landscape to their advantage.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Kobold

The large, in-between zones that no one goes to except to kill Lodizal, Wuoshi, and to run to DN/TOV? The high-traffic PvP spots are going to be Kael, Velks, and Thurgadin.... with the occasional brawl in WW/ToV/DN. Lots of big zones to run through doesn't mean caster's will be on even playing ground. In this case... using landscape to your advantage means ghosting over hills and gating. If you can't land any spells, you can't do anything other than run.

The resist code should really be augmented to help caster's out on this server. We already know it's not classic. That doesn't mean allow every CC to land... but why would druid nukes/ench nukes/etc landing be so game breaking?

We already have a plethora of non-classic changes to the resist code, item recharging, etc not to mention the circulation of certain items to an extent that was never prevalent on live.
Last edited by Daefuin; 05-30-2015 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

right now nothing lands and everyone's at 110-150 resists

in velious everyone will be at 200+ resists

also monks getting triple atk + better itemization overall for melees in velious

friendly ol mustard def suggests u roll a melee
Old 05-30-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right now nothing lands and everyone's at 110-150 resists

in velious everyone will be at 200+ resists

also monks getting triple atk + better itemization overall for melees in velious

friendly ol mustard def suggests u roll a melee
but what about the necros.
Closed Thread