Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweetza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The client has a limit on how many characters you can use for a password. A limit that the personal login server they created doesn't enforce. So if you happened to make a password longer than that, your account is unusable. And since the account editing forms don't work, you need to make a new one. Might be your issue.

In other words, they clearly thought of everything and their login server works perfectly.
This is the first I have heard of this issue, since I am not responsible for the login server and most of our developers do not check in on this thread, I will pass it on to our development team.

It would be wise to report bugs on our forums, we are in beta and bugs are to be expected, but as long as nobody reports them and makes us aware of them, they will likely not be addressed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for your bug report!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

When I tried it and rage quit, one of my absolutely largest problems with the server was 100% the F9 3rd person view. Hate how it's not attached to mouse wheel (and yes, I realize mouse wheel isn't classic)
Old 06-04-2015, 08:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I tried it and rage quit, one of my absolutely largest problems with the server was 100% the F9 3rd person view. Hate how it's not attached to mouse wheel (and yes, I realize mouse wheel isn't classic)
Yup, P2002 is a classic server with disadvantages as mentioned above, P99 is a modern sever with classic content. You get spoiled playing P99 with all the quality of life features and glossy anti-aliased pixels, but it is mitigated by the P2002 PoK books and 20% xp gain.

The ultimate server for me would be P99 with P2002 content, hope this might happen one day, I'd definitely play there!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, P2002 is a classic server with disadvantages as mentioned above, P99 is a modern sever with classic content. You get spoiled playing P99 with all the quality of life features and glossy anti-aliased pixels, but it is mitigated by the P2002 PoK books and 20% xp gain.

The ultimate server for me would be P99 with P2002 content, hope this might happen one day, I'd definitely play there!
100%

Interface of p99 is tough to beat. It feels extremely classic, but without the non-sense stuff that really serves no purpose but to get on your nerves.

And, I'm not a big fan of boxing, to be honest. I tried it on 2002, it was tough to do in my opinion, and chatting while playing two or three characters just isn't feasible. It really makes you more anti-social than anything with all the swapping back and forth.

But the p2002 content is definitely good. I hate PoK books, but the point that it allows people to actually play casually isn't lost on me, especially because I'm a casual. Plus, with all of the extra content that is with PoP/Luclin, it's kind of a necessity.

I wish there was a p4001 server that combined the best of both worlds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On the website or for the game itself? and make sure your host file points to the p2002 server.

http://p2002.com/#/ <<<to account creation for the game
Yeah, I made an account for the game at that link. I'll have to check my eqhost file, then.

Unless of course it's that password length issue that someone mentioned earlier.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian
This sounds like my dream server.

I just found this thread today and I will likely check it out tonight or if not def this weekend.

If One Box - Paladin
If Two Box - Monk/Shaman
If Three Box - Monk/Enchanter/Cleric

EXCITED!!!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

So my eqhost is pointing to takproject, is that not the correct server host?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Thanks
Last edited by Zadrian; 06-04-2015 at 06:04 PM..
Old 06-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Banned

For P2002 your host file should contain this:

Code:
{
"loginserver.p2002.com:6000"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"loginserver.p2002.com:6000"
}
Old 06-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interface of p99 is tough to beat. It feels extremely classic, but without the non-sense stuff that really serves no purpose but to get on your nerves.
You mean like when they spent time on removing the compass that absolutely nobody cared about and was actually halfway nice to have? I guess it's good they spent their time on that rather than getting Velious finished in less time than it takes to get a college degree.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean like when they spent time on removing the compass that absolutely nobody cared about and was actually halfway nice to have? I guess it's good they spent their time on that rather than getting Velious finished in less time than it takes to get a college degree.
Nobody is stopping you from helping, paying_customer_01.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Closed Thread