Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Large Rat

Default Back from Ragefire

Was garbage. They did not undo the change to the hand-to-hand calculation that came at some late expansion, so for melee classes that could Dual Wield, H2H was better than any weapon available, and likely to be available for a year+.

At 50, a monk with maxed H2H skill would have 22/26 fists of fury. When Epics are in, they will have 22/20 fists. Other melee classes were similar, but not quite as good. They would cap out at 20/26 at 50 (with max skill). There was no need for other DPS classes, and no desire to farm for new weapons / nothing to look forward to.

There's also too much crap going on in the UI. I hadn't played EQ on live servers for 14+ years, so maybe other people would be used to that.

P99 is much better.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
Orc

Watched a few vids on youtube, was shocked at the abortion of a game.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was garbage. They did not undo the change to the hand-to-hand calculation that came at some late expansion, so for melee classes that could Dual Wield, H2H was better than any weapon available, and likely to be available for a year+.

At 50, a monk with maxed H2H skill would have 22/26 fists of fury. When Epics are in, they will have 22/20 fists. Other melee classes were similar, but not quite as good. They would cap out at 20/26 at 50 (with max skill). There was no need for other DPS classes, and no desire to farm for new weapons / nothing to look forward to.

There's also too much crap going on in the UI. I hadn't played EQ on live servers for 14+ years, so maybe other people would be used to that.

P99 is much better.
Lol, this is more hilariously broken than I would have imagined. Serves you right you jew-enabling sucker.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:08 AM
Skeleton

The new freeport, Commonlands (no more EC/WC), Oasis/Nro etc etc is what drove me away. They didnt fine tune this one bit. Augments in game, Origin at Level 5 , chat channels etc.

Back to P99 here as well ��
Old 06-30-2015, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, this is more hilariously broken than I would have imagined. Serves you right you jew-enabling sucker.
Wow...
Old 06-30-2015, 04:20 AM
Planar Protector

To say it was a half assed attempt at classic EverQuest would be generous.

I wonder how much subs have dipped since it launched.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really can't imagine anyone subbed to EQ in 2015 possessing enough cognitive ability to actually respond to shit service like an informed consumer.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds perfect for their target customers. I feel bad for anyone that wasted time and money thinking they were going to get anything even remotely classic. They are deliberately designed for the facerolling neckbeard. Those guys want broken ass mechanics that they can exploit.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Wait. ... so your saying warriors rangers and rogues using h2h is better than any weapons they can use?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To say it was a half assed attempt at classic EverQuest would be generous.

I subbed. I didn't do it for "1999 classicness," I did it to snag some legacy shit in anticipation of playing post-velious.

Anyone that was let down was hoping for a p99 replacement. That's not what it is. Rather it's a server that will relive all the xpacs in order. Not mad.
Closed Thread