Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder how high "RMT" is on the most used words on this forum, pretty high I'd think.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

RMT incentivizes greedy behavior that poisons the server.

Instead of playing the 15 year old classic, experiencing the content and moving on or allowing others to experience it, you get clowns whose rent payment depends on making sure the casual player DOESN'T get to experience the game.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd be saying different if you knew who Aviann, the white knight, truly was... Ingame and irl. But carry on with your random rendezvous. We shall meet eventually and you will understand. You don't need to pay money for awesome when you are born into the awesome, and you sir, have proven yourself undeserving of that birth through buying it... (not saying you did but carrying on lol)
watch out dude he'll fight you IRL
Old 07-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furniture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless your implying that the staff is pulling a derubael and would shut down the server if they didnt have an income from the game, I largely disagree with this
so you don't disagree
Old 07-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

saw the thread title and op and got excited for some good ol rnf

started readin and its just boring back and forth hyperbole trolls about rmt

know its been said before, but rnf so sad these days
Old 07-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like how the people who defend RMT make baseless accusations that everyone against it lacks the funds to do so. Most of us could we just choose not to because we aren't pathetic. Make more sense?
Some people make way more per hour than they could ever make in game, so it's a pretty sensible transaction.

I personally agree with the folks that say circumventing your character progression makes the game boring - it's not all that fun to go through content where none of the loot drops are even remotely exciting.

Then again, I got my silver swiftblade with money from selling bone chips, so you're going to run into that problem no matter what really.

Anyhow I remember when I had a lot more time than money and thought everyone had to poopsock their shit just like I did or they weren't legit. Funny how that changes when you get older
Old 07-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarukShmaruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The RMT hate is always funny because it always comes from losers on disability and/or basement dwellers who have 24 hours a day to play EverQuest and can't stand the idea of Johnny programmer converting a few hours of his job income into ingame currency
Completely false chief. I am the guy who manages a bunch of "Johnny Programmers," and I think RMT is a blight on MMORPG's.

The effects of it ripple through every aspect of the game and any argument about it not affecting people who don't participate in it is cripplingly myopic. RMT acceptance/tacit approval leads to

Spam from shit-ass organizations trying to sell you in-game currency
Lockdown of transferable goods by people interesting in turning TunnelQuest into a job
Distorted/inflated in-game economies
Increased account theft
Far worse behavior at the high end than we have now.

Just because I have a good career doesn't mean I get all the pixels, and in truth: That's the beauty of it. This is Norrath, not Earth. My wealth in reality does not translate into wealth in the game and I shouldn't be able to leverage r/l success to get an advantage in Elfland.

And why would the people who run '99 want to deal with Petitionquest for people profiting off of their work as volunteers?
Old 07-22-2015, 12:51 AM
Kobold

I can't believe this server allowed account sales for as long as it did.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

I never see any reference to the amount of m being t'd. it cant bee that much. Give me some reference points you pathetic nerds.