Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should powerleveling be confined to less populated zones?
Yes 95 52.49%
No 43 23.76%
14 years on and still no justice for 9/11 families 43 23.76%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:24 AM
Large Bat

Was in unrest also yesterday during this PL session.
They were at entrance and pulling even from MR/
MR was camped (by us), we asked not to take our mobs because we had downtimes waiting for repop but they continued.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry that you're mad. I still have friends on blue, I still log in to rez people whose streams I watch, mess with alts etc. So wow, I'm not allowed to enjoy trying to get a group in zones that are usually busy and groupable? This is bad for the server's health - new players come to P99 to relive and replay their Classic EQ experiences... but find powerleveling in these zones, people geared to the teeth, fat with platinum dropping big amounts on getting leveled.

You want to defend that?
uh, yeah i do want to defend that. its called progressing in the game.... people were geared to the teeth and powerleveling for most of my time leveling and for most other people on this server as well. you don't get to hop into something years late and expect everyone to still be working from scratch... this game will never be classic because everyone is just too damn efficient at it now, and trying to nitpick everything to have the same atmosphere is just gonna dissapoint everyone.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kined [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh, yeah i do want to defend that. its called progressing in the game.... people were geared to the teeth and powerleveling for most of my time leveling and for most other people on this server as well.
"most" implies that you mean over 50% at least. That many people get powerleveled now? Is that right? Even if that is true, is that classic and should it be encouraged?

Quote:
you don't get to hop into something years late and expect everyone to still be working from scratch...
Maybe not, but people do it on red all the time and arguably it's more classic to build from scratch than to drop 120k on a SK twink (thread in the tank section).

Quote:
this game will never be classic because everyone is just too damn efficient at it now, and trying to nitpick everything to have the same atmosphere is just gonna dissapoint everyone.
It'll never be classic, but that doesn't mean people should powerlevel in zones where people are trying to group up and play in the classic style.

Should new players just give up then? They've got no plat and it's their own fault that they found the server in 2015 not 2009... right?

You're not defending powerleveling in popular zones very well kined.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryonie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in unrest also yesterday during this PL session.
They were at entrance and pulling even from MR/
MR was camped (by us), we asked not to take our mobs because we had downtimes waiting for repop but they continued.
Makes it hard to enjoy leveling doesn't it? Maybe we should all just ask for instant 50 or 60, that's what everyone wants? Think of all that PL cash you'd save Kined.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Having started a few months ago in P1999 with nothing to my name I understand the frustration.

Though I think its inevitable that the server will come to this after a period of time. I am sure the amount of Power Leveling and Twinking back in 2004-2005 somewhat resembles what we are seeing today after years of having the servers first online (three - four? years ago).

I know we can never fully recreate the classic experience since we know the game inside out as we have all grown and matured (questionable) over the years. Having a new recycle server system is the next closest thing we can do to creating a classic experience (which is the whole point of the P1999 project, is it not?).
Old 07-29-2015, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

It seems to me like ZEM is the real problem here.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Orc

Anyone have a good level range guide on low pop PL zones?
Old 07-29-2015, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems to me like ZEM is the real problem here.
ZEM is pointless if the person is getting capped exp per kill.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Makes it hard to enjoy leveling doesn't it? Maybe we should all just ask for instant 50 or 60, that's what everyone wants? Think of all that PL cash you'd save Kined.
Hey, that's practically what red asked wanted and got :P
Old 07-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Banned

BACK IN MY DAY WE HAD TO WALK UPHILL, IN THE SNOW, BOTH WAYS TO GET OUR POWERLEVELS U YOUNGINS GOT IT EZ
Closed Thread