Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

New Link =D
Old 08-02-2015, 02:33 AM
Kobold

what is updated in this version Drelk?
Pethex (60 Magician) - Healicious Naggy/Vox Cleric (52 Cleric) - Wolfpaw (51 Druid) - Dealicious (42 Shadow Knight) - Mezochist (40 Enchanter) - Teknokyo (35 Monk) - Jeeflav (40 Shaman) - http://omni1999.com.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

just the link is messed up I guess

I didnt see any problem with the last link though
I cant edit my first post and im kinda mad about it.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Can't download the last link.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Looks like the link is dead again. Is there no way to host this on a more dependable cloud-based storage, such as Google Drive? How big are the files?
Old 09-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like the link is dead again. Is there no way to host this on a more dependable cloud-based storage, such as Google Drive? How big are the files?
good thinking, Google drive link coming up soon... When that link is out I wil have a GM or something edit the first post to put the new link in, I cannot actually edit it for some reason.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Orc

Default Curious

Are these still available anywhere. I'd love to set these up. Trying to get all my music and sounds back to classic. After watching some videos and hearing the differences I'd love to find these if they are still out there somewhere. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2016, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisshan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are these still available anywhere. I'd love to set these up. Trying to get all my music and sounds back to classic. After watching some videos and hearing the differences I'd love to find these if they are still out there somewhere. Thanks!
The original midi music files can't be restored because those were converted to mp3 format with the Titanium client, and they aren't included in the Titanium install - back in 1999 when midi was still a thing in games, these would sound different based on your sound card. They're still floating around online for nostalgia's sake, but unfortunately there isn't a simple way to get the client to read them instead of the mp3s. The Titanium music I'm sure is just the original midi converted into mp3 using an industry standard sound card, so if you went and found the midis and then converted them to mp3 they would sound exactly like the mp3s included with Titanium.

Also, some of the classic gameplay sounds don't loop correctly with the Titanium client, but the wave files themselves are the same as they were in classic. I've uploaded these in a zip if you want to revert to them: download, extract to EverQuest directory, select overwrite: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ssicsounds.rar
Old 10-17-2016, 05:02 AM
Fire Giant

yeah, this was just a start, kinda was hoping some high end devs could go off of what I started, talked to telin and he pretty much told me the same thing lol
Old 10-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, some of the classic gameplay sounds don't loop correctly with the Titanium client, but the wave files themselves are the same as they were in classic. I've uploaded these in a zip if you want to revert to them: download, extract to EverQuest directory, select overwrite: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ssicsounds.rar
New link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ssicsounds.rar