Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Skeleton

I've got a 50 and a 27 on red and have gotten to experience only 2 fair fights in the entirety of my leveling so far. With Velious out I rarely see people in Uguk or Unrest as I leveled my 2nd char.
Last edited by phro; 08-13-2015 at 05:03 PM..
Old 08-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least in Kunark, you needed a guild to get an exp group past 50 or everyone would attack you. Dunno how that works anymore.
It's all perspectives I think. My cleric was never guilded on the journey to 51, in that time I grouped with anyone and everyone. Joined a couple of Holo groups clearing ramparts/2nd/3rd floor in CoM. Then joined Fresh which soon had the plug pulled and almost joined Good Guys but couldn't get an officer to tag me (in hindsight it didn't matter lol).

Met some fun folks along the way including one of Sektor's characters, Gardur/Garadur/however its spelt, a few people in Slosh, and others whose names I've since forgotten.

Guild not required, but if I was leveling again I'd definitely join Thunderdome and try and get some groups going with them.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've got a 50 and a 27 on red and have gotten to experience only 2 fair fights in the entirety of my leveling so far. With Velious out I rarely see people in Uguk or Unrest as I leveled my 2nd char.

I've had a couple people try and PK me with no success (Cleric), and I'm sure if I were a higher level last night when some clown tried to kill our tank and train us AND his own guild members; I would have been his first target being a Cleric, either way; haven't died in PvP yet, and I am very thankful for that.

With that being said, I've been grateful for the groups and players I've come in contact with. I'm not in a guild and I don't mind partying with just about anyone from any guild. People are pretty cool here, just avoid OOC.

The thing with Unrest is; people camp their twinks there, and I know one or two people who regularly log in every couple hours to kill anyone there on said twink. I don't see much of a point to go to Velious for leveling unless you're in CC. Mobs there are tougher, more HP, etc. Pointless.

Thus far on my Cleric at level 40, I have gone to these zones:
5-19 Crushbone
19-37 MM (could stay past 40)
37-40 Sol B / KC.

I really don't think I'll have to be in a guild to level past 50. A Cleric is a Cleric, people love CH, and as long as you're not terribad people will remember you.

Brunzil / Zulzephur of Tarew Marr - Drinal
Brunzil of Rallos Zek - Zek
Old 08-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by knix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I felt like Mad max going up against all the crazys, sometimes It felt like we might conquer, other times, it just felt like the insane asylum with clear cut rules, being totally thrown out, cause you are playing against someone on opiates
This is something I have noticed, on blue at least, there are a noticeable amount of players who are drug addicts. I am sure on red damn near everyone is fucked up on something at all times.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudrura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something I have noticed, on blue at least, there are a noticeable amount of players who are drug addicts. I am sure on red damn near everyone is fucked up on something at all times.

I don't quite understand how you can assume that a high degree of people are "drug addicts" just based off your interactions with them via texts / actions made in a virtual world.

Also, to say that every single person that plays on Red is also "fucked up on something at all times" is exaggerated to say the least.

If you would care to elaborate as to why you think these things; I'm all ears.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

It's kinda cool to think of red pvp players as some kinda psycho dungeon masochists but in reality they are just real life squares who like to have an outlet for their aggression and stuff. As a bristlebane doctor i am also a psychologist.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Honestly if you want to PvE id still suggest red over blue.

Blue has 1200+ players, they use lists for everything. If that sounds like your cup of tea go for it. I wouldn't last an hour there.

Red will allow you to PvE and avoid most PvP if you really want to. If you play a cleric and get into a PvP battle you can probably avoid dying and even be asset to your group. It's honestly amazing anyone gets PvP kills when its so easy as a caster to not die.

Soloing as a cleric will be awful, but I think there's a lot of groups in most brackets at the moment if your patient.

I have a few blue friends who never played red on live, and play here, and none of them will ever go back to blue. Some of them still avoid most pvp, others have excelled at pvp.

I'll give you some plat if you're worried about the xp bonus effecting spells, when I started here it was a bit of an issue. I had to use flame lick up until level 20 something when Roberto, a gentlemen and brave knight of the resistance, gave me plat.

edit: fair warning though many people on this server are sociopaths or have extreme mental health issues
Old 08-16-2015, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

If you play EQ for the social aspect blue. Everything else red.
Old 08-16-2015, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's kinda cool to think of red pvp players as some kinda psycho dungeon masochists but in reality they are just real life squares who like to have an outlet for their aggression and stuff. As a bristlebane doctor i am also a psychologist.
It's not cool really, and I don't have any real aggression myself in me. Sorry that some of us just like to add another element to our gaming and not wait in a 150+ line to get a chance at an item/Mob to spawn.

That immediately took me away from Blue. Personally, I've done most of the old raid/Kunark/Velious Era stuff, and I honestly don't want to HAVE to sit in a long line to get a chance at said items/camp, and then have it completely scrapped by some shady individuals for their own sake and reasons.

(That's what I took from it from viewing the posts on here, even though they said they would revert back to the other "long wait list").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
edit: fair warning though many people on this server are sociopaths or have extreme mental health issues
Like I've said before... I believe it's just the same small group of people who continue to spout, whine, troll, and bash one another in OOC / forums.

Don't visit forums, and disregard OOC and you're fine.

Any form of radicalist; they speak louder than the others and unfortunately give a bad reputation for the others... so you can't judge the whole in this aspect.

Maybe I'm a fool though; maybe everyone higher up is what you people refer to as "toxic" but I personally have been grouping with alts from the "top guilds" and they seem like genuine people. (I've been grouping now with people even of level 60 being a 40+ Cleric).

Regardless, I'm happy to be here amongst said "toxic" people, and I would urge newcomers to give Red/PvP a try.

Don't take what you read here on the forums too seriously. Many of these people are still children in their age, grown adults who haven't been laid yet, those that were either too young or too terrible at the game upon release to comprehend doing simple button combinations/rotations to proceed any further and couldn't hack it on Live when it actually mattered who later ended up playing MMOs like World of Warcraft who NEEDED mods/addons to tell them to "get out of the fire" that's clearly melting them beneath their feet and needed aggro percentages to tell them to stop DPSing/Healing because they suck.

Play blue; fine... but try red at least. It's not so bad.

Old 08-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Banned

red and blue are absolute dogshit ruined by the enormous amount of time spent in kunark

server code and staff are great though and I will be first in line to play either if/when they wipe or start a new one
Closed Thread