Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Talking Totally new around here

Hello everyone!
Name's Kytoras. Totally newbie to p1999. Actually, totally n00b at this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found it by searching a good game that I could actually play on my low end pc, so here I am. I'm here to make friends and to have a good time playing this game, so cheer me up and let's play!
P.s.
Leave a comment bellow if you could help me in the future, so I'll know who I should ask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile Welcome!

Hey there, and welcome to p1999!

My first bit of advice to you would be to go read some of the guides on the p1999 wiki, located here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

Since you haven't played Everquest before, I also highly suggest reading the newbie guide : http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

A few other small points to make:
  • Everquest is above all, a social, community-based game. Talk to people! Group with others! Your experience will be far better than it would be killing blues by yourself all the time.
  • Be patient - you will die. A lot. You will lose experience. A lot. You will also take a long time to level (depending on class), but this is half the fun, so enjoy the experience.
  • Despite the name, quests are not a focus of Everquest - they are useful for some minor coin / decent experience at low levels, but the majority of your time will be spent just killing monsters, so don't feel like you're missing something if you only do a few quests in your first few levels, because that's normal.
  • If you have questions, ask people, either here in the forums, or in-game by typing /who. By default /who only shows people in your zone, to find all players in the game, you can type "/who all", or to narrow by name, "/who all tayen", or zone "/who all Qeynos"

I'm playing a Barbarian Shaman named Korovin at the moment, so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a tell in game by typing "/tell Korovin <your message here>".
Last edited by Tayen; 08-25-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Aviak

I'm really excited for you, I hope you enjoy P99!
The learning curve on this game is more steep than a lot of games in my opinion. But once you get used to the controls and commands and stuff it's so much fun and highly addictive.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

Feel free to message me in game for some starter cash! not a ton, but it will be able to go towards spells and food !
Old 08-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Welcome to P99! If you need help travelling (Porting) anywhere, perhaps some buffs to help you survive better or have questions you can find me in game as the following:
Old 08-27-2015, 03:20 AM
Fire Giant

EQ in its classical form (like here on this server) is a game of interdepency. There is no one class that can do it all. For teleportation you will need a friendly druid or wizard, for rezzing with xp you need a cleric or high level paladin. For the most potents buffs you need shamans and enchanters. Tanks are needed to absorb damage.

This concept is the reason why the comunity in EQ is usually far better than in other MMOs. People simply need each other.
Closed Thread