Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

yeah if you want to be a virtual virus and make shit pay by all means
Old 09-18-2015, 02:25 AM
Banned

my friend made a shit load of money selling those shitty knives to every family on football team, he was a smooth operator but it was still annoying as shit when he turned it on me

if you're over 18 and doing this you should prolly be culled
Old 09-18-2015, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah if you want to be a virtual virus and make shit pay by all means
this. my mother got into this kind of stuff for a bit and didn't make shit from it. she's since moved on to reupholstering furniture and selling it on etsy for side cash.

don't do any of this kind of shit, OP
Old 09-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

My cousin has made $50k this year on the side buying/selling on eBay. He sells Apple electronics and beats audio. Makes $ doing nothing being his own boss. I'd look into something like that before being fooled by multi-level marketing if I needed money.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:57 AM
Kobold

Thank you all.

It was pure curiosity - we see so much of this stuff now, especially on the internet.

Though the responses were insightful too!
So long Jay.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

looks like this discussion might be ending but i had been thinking about it

a good rule of thumb, a BS-o-metric if you will, for non-contractual online earning is that it wouldn't survive as a public money-making tool if people won 100% of the time

you should generally think of third-parties offering you money as requiring 50%+1 failures to turn a profit and thus exist.. and they're usually aiming for something like 70-80% failure rate. that allows them to pedastalize the small successful group in advertising campaigns, but still make maximum money off a stable stream of failures. these companies know that people browse the net with their wallets wide open and are generally ok with taking a few minor financial losses on a gamble.

if you're really entrepreneurial, you should focus on developing those skills and produce something that people want to buy and feel good about: some kind of educational course, a simple invention, some digital content, etc.

'if you build it, they will come' is an old saying here. now its more like "they're already here, waiting for you to build something." just my 2 cp
Last edited by bubur; 09-19-2015 at 02:14 PM..
Old 09-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

also do yourself a favor and avoid trying to self-start on youtube. do some googlin about that one. too much info to wall-of-text here
Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4EQWASCOOL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My cousin has made $50k this year on the side buying/selling on eBay. He sells Apple electronics and beats audio. Makes $ doing nothing being his own boss. I'd look into something like that before being fooled by multi-level marketing if I needed money.
Just curious, does he buy everything on eBay and resell there?