Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 11:59 PM
Aviak

Totally agree, voice consists of lonely nerds trying to impress strangers. And if a girl should join, it quickly devolves into the saddest display of showing off. Everyone should know what to do when raiding things that came out 15 years ago. I also play Eve Online and will join voice because it is essential. Hearing people talk about how high they are or munching on Cheetos is not really essential.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Mmmm silent vent during raids except officers directing anyone? It's not vent that's the issue it's discipline of the members and respect for leadership, if they're worth respecting.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:27 AM
Banned

you could run all these raids by pre-recording voice commands, uploading to youtube and just following them like an exercise tape. game is piss easy
Old 10-22-2015, 12:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you could run all these raids by pre-recording voice commands, uploading to youtube and just following them like an exercise tape. game is piss easy
Old 10-22-2015, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these people in guilds full of people they don't like

BDA vent is just a bunch of good buddies hanging out and laughing it up

This never would have happened on Red
Having raided in red in a few guilds, there's plenty of voice chat among pals. However, a significant amount of it is discusion of drugs and pells, fyiw.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been in several, and let me tell you there's almost no difference. Yowwie was one of the worst though.
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't fucking stand yowwie. Dude was annoying as fuck, I muted him after he attended a guild meeting from the fucking gym, like seriously dude.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize your playing an emulated version of a game 15 years old right? Not sure if your aware, but all this content was dominated by successful high end guilds when people had 64MB of ram and ran on a 56k modem.
I know reading is difficult for you abuelos, but try to keep up. Never once did I state the mobs we kill on p99 weren't killed 15-16 years ago without voice chat. I said you tards claiming you can compete with the current guilds on top without voice chat cannot. There's a big difference there. I think you're the one who needs to realize a few things. One thing is this isn't 1999 anyone, which you and a few others clearly wish it was. The other is nobody is forcing you to join any guild that requires voice chat. And if you get aggravated over the fact that some guilds require it, then there's a problem with you, not that guild's requirement. Anything else you want to comment on?
Old 10-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

Isn't 1999 anymore* damn no editing.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Prerecording and uploading raid instructions to avoid having to communicate with people in real time

I'm not trying to be mean here, but not only is this super ineffecive (because the whole point of voice communication is to respond to variables faster- things like trains, unexpected events in the fight that require adjustment, etc.), but it's also, shall we say, unbelievably autistic

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Something like this, Big Japan?

https://youtu.be/rj0p7s-y7_Q?t=12s