Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Banned

I don't like vent so I don't raid. Really kills two birds with two stones.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AMEN TO THAT!
Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty fucking strange around here when Sadre is able to put up a troll. Goddamn, what is the world coming to.
He dropped some prime bait in the RedGuides99 thread that I fell for. It was very convincing.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, I might try this if/when I come back. I just couldn't fucking stand hearing my any of the grunting, munching, screaming, bragging anymore.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

There is too much fucking poopsocking, I used to love EverQuest. When it came out I was 12, now that I've actually been to the endgame, it's just miserable. I don't want to sit around the spires with 25 other nerds with nothing to talk about, but required to stay in vent in case whatever piece of shit that's in "window" spawns.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Ventrilo? Not Classic.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is too much fucking poopsocking, I used to love EverQuest. When it came out I was 12, now that I've actually been to the endgame, it's just miserable. I don't want to sit around the spires with 25 other nerds with nothing to talk about, but required to stay in vent in case whatever piece of shit that's in "window" spawns.
Step 1. Mute VoiP
Step 2. Move EQ to another monitor or decrease screen size
Step 3. Have someone spam tells to you when it's time to go
Step 4. Masturbate

Two monitors may not be classic, but it's definitely a godsend for some parts of this game.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86753o9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ventrilo? Not Classic.

Also, a dude.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Large Bat

I agree with this completely.

I don't actually need vent because I don't want to raid all of this shit again/don't have the time/have a fucked up back anyways.
But I suppose if I were to raid, it's a major barrier...despite nobody needing vent specifically for a slow mmo like eq. Especially 15+ years late, when everybody knows the fights anyways and did not need vent the first time around...

Plus, if I am going to listen to something besides a game's sounds...I want to listen to music. There is a bit of a selfish component to my hatred of voice chat, but it's not the main factor.

Now this is going to sound mean and I don't mean it to be rude...I am old, I don't know if it's to do with my age, or if our generations are just different or there's just something wrong with me or what...but pretty much everybody under 45 sounds like a complete irredeemable fucking fruit to me.

Nasely, wheezy, lisps, the fucked up inflections of bitter seething balls of rage who seriously don't ever talk to anybody else... it's just awful. Listening to most people from video games is like chewing kleenex.

And I can't even begin to explain how much I don't care about any non-game conversation. I grew up with real lsd before AIDS ruined the party scenes. Kids have no stories I want to hear, it's just depressing.

I don't mind the mil guys that are used to coms and have known the touch of women and the star that we orbit, but I really don't want to hear anybody else.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Kobold

All you grumpy old farts should form a guild or something.
Closed Thread