Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Aviak

Hahaha yeah! I stay away from int classes because of research. That can get expensive unless you have a ton of patience.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Kobold

If you want to play a caster that is also wanted in groups, most of the priest and cloth caster classes will fit. I would stay away from the druid and wizard though. Druids aren't bad in groups, but you'll have more trouble finding groups than the other classes. They at least pair well with several classes, so if you're ok with duos and trios, you might be ok.

Wizards are pretty much unloved in groups. Other than highly specialized PBAoE groups at high levels, you'll be stuck soloing and sitting on your butt a lot of the time.

I personally like necros in groups, but they get shunned sometimes also.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Fire Giant

Researching spells is kinda cheap when it starts at 16, but in order to cap the skill for higher levels you will need thousands of plats if you buy from trainer. If not, you will become mad searching for either the training components or the real materials.

So, all in all, research FOR SURE is not helping with saving money, only in the short run.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Large Rat

Thank you everyone for all the great replies! After much debate between Magician and Shaman, I had to go Shaman. I like to be active in a party and in general, pure healers (to me) can get a little boring in some of the games I have played. Also, shamans are kinda kick-ass in real life.

As I'm quite new I would love to meet some other people. Please feel free to send me a message. My character name is Arcelis.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread