Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Banned

Go play live nerd.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Aviak

One of the things I love most about EQ is the lack of instancing. I like the server to feel populated. I like to go into a zone and see other people fighting things.

But I don't understand this desire for contesting mobs. Classic EQ to me involved a rotation. It involved diplomacy between guilds. Not FTE/train/petition-quest. As much as you all claim to love "competition", I'd expect to see the populations of the blue and red servers swapped. Why would you join a PvE server to compete against other players? PvP is for competition against players. PvE is for competition against the game. Is the game too easy? Well it's 16 years old. Maybe you've "beaten" it.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:06 PM
Aviak

I am firmly against instancing. The idea stands zero chance of being put into this game and rightfully so. It wouldn't be everquest anymore.

However, leaders of guilds ought to be able to get together and discuss how they can let each other have a shot at least every once in a while to take down the top end game bosses.

We could simply have a rotation of rules given what day or week it was. Make it so that on Monday through Thursday, when all the people with jobs are busy, the rules are that whoever gets to the mob first gets the battle.

On Friday through Sunday, the days when all the busy moms and dads actually have time to play their favorite game, let their be some sort of organized rotation ran by gm's or the guild leaders or someone who can make sure that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the game.

Then we could really have both thing, and not be screwing up the economy. It would give neckbeards their chance to wreck havoc during the week and they'd have an excuse to take a break on the weekend while the others get their shot to slay some raid mobs.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am firmly against instancing. The idea stands zero chance of being put into this game and rightfully so. It wouldn't be everquest anymore.

However, leaders of guilds ought to be able to get together and discuss how they can let each other have a shot at least every once in a while to take down the top end game bosses.

We could simply have a rotation of rules given what day or week it was. Make it so that on Monday through Thursday, when all the people with jobs are busy, the rules are that whoever gets to the mob first gets the battle.

On Friday through Sunday, the days when all the busy moms and dads actually have time to play their favorite game, let their be some sort of organized rotation ran by gm's or the guild leaders or someone who can make sure that everyone gets a chance to enjoy the game.

Then we could really have both thing, and not be screwing up the economy. It would give neckbeards their chance to wreck havoc during the week and they'd have an excuse to take a break on the weekend while the others get their shot to slay some raid mobs.

Top guilds would still remain top guilds because they'd still have many more opportunities than small guilds even with this idea!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayeatts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Top guilds would still remain top guilds because they'd still have many more opportunities than small guilds even with this idea!
You could even include top guilds into the weekend rotation so they can have a shot at getting fully buffed and prepped for their raids as well. And, then when monday came around, things would go right back to competing for every mob.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Orc

save the server..... give a life for all those growin man that wants to dictatorship and dominate a so old game...

the other day a dude rage at my newbie ( realy newbie) friend coz he was tankin some stupid mobs level 15 with a shield and a sword...

~ OW MAN YOU ARE WEARIN A SHIELD AND A SWORD FOR TANKIN ? THATS PATHETIC HOW CAN YOU BE WEARIN A SHIED AND A SWORD.... I PREFER TO ROLL ALONE.... GO FUCK YOUR SELF ~
Old 11-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

They plan on keeping thus server the way it is, and I'm glad for that (based on old posts). However, if you remember they did say that possibly in the distant future they would do a custom server with perhaps expacs in the style if Velious. That would be a good server for your suggestions. This beauty is a time capsule. If they made every little change it eventually becomes a big change which would make this game unrecognizable.

If they ever make a new server I'm all for open world content because I enjoy it. I like that I can't always farm exactly where and what I want when I want because other people are doing it. If there were ever raid instances I would want them to be replicas of mobs that exist in the world but drop less whereas non-instanced mobs would drop more and have a higher chance for good loot.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Aviak

No matter what's done there will be no competing with <Rampage>. Their players all have like 5+ level 60 toons of different classes they can switch to depending on what the guild needs.

Hell the other day they were doing what was it....a 60man Ntov raid midday on a weekday, with 13 clerics, 16 rogues, and 9 warriors?

Don't act like the game is difficult when you're bringing 13 clerics and 16 fucking rogues to Ntov.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree 1000%

I don't think theres much of an argument for challenge in the P99 raid scene outside of the race for targets and maybe a couple of the hardest encounters in the game (Tunare and such) I can't think of a single raid target I've personally killed that would be anywhere near difficult if there was no competition for it. Unlimited time to buff/med and setup/test CH rotations and tank/ramp tank assignments and such = Nearly every fight in EQ is ezmode. Not to mention if theres no competition you can wait for primetime hours and get all your best raiders online at the same time. The ONLY hard part about raiding here is the race. Sorry.
The problem with "racing" on this server is that "certain guilds" get an unfair advantage; a headstart if you will.

They have players with so many level 60 toons that it allows them to have multiple raid forces camped out in multiple zones ready to pounce on any mob that pops.

Other guilds don't have this luxury, and are forced to select individual targets (or zones perhaps) to focus on. Basically sitting at the zone line of said zone for hours on their mains, knowing that if they don't they have no chance. If they need to mobilize and travel they will lose.....because "other guilds" likely have an entire raid force camped and waiting, fully buffed, ready to go.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

I think, failing a rule change to first in force, which I think would be the simplest solution, the Class system should be revisited.

Or Daldaen's back-to-classic proposal.
Closed Thread