Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Aviak

Default Poison?

Do people use poisons much? This is my first time playing a rogue, ever. Didn't play one in classic. From what I can tell, it's expensive, and may not be worth pursuing??

Any tips, hints, or corrections would be awesome.

cheers

(IG) Tonuka
Old 11-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

I've never played a rog but I don't remember them being useful for anything but PvP.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Orc

I can't remember clearly, I could be thinking of EQ2, but I thought I remembered rogues using some poisons to debuff, some to damage, and some to deagro.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Had a 60 rogue on blue but never applied poisons. The whole tradeskill is a horrible thing to approach.

If you're on red server though poisons like "muscle lock" are very nice to land on people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Fire Giant

Landing poison on a raid mob is next to impossible and using them on easy blue cons expensive and pointless. As it was on Live , poison is really for PVP or very occasional use. It's epensive to level and theres no payout like other trade skills (not even the coldain ring 9 poison req nets you anything but a pat on the back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And reapplying requires you sit still for 10 seconds. with some tweaks to the code it would be worth the thousands of plat investment.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had a 60 rogue on blue but never applied poisons. The whole tradeskill is a horrible thing to approach.

If you're on red server though poisons like "muscle lock" are very nice to land on people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty much this

its mostly a pvp thing

im sure if you lvled it up early and used some of the damage poisons they would be pretty strong, but still unnecessary and pain in the ass to lvl up
Closed Thread